TBN: Sabres bring back European scout Anders Forsberg

FormerSabresFan

Sep 14, 2015
He was Olofsson's coach at MODO for the 2013-14 and 2014-15 seasons and became a Sabres scout in 2015-16. The Sabres drafted Olofsson in 2014. He only played 11 games for MODO and had no points. The Sabres would have asked him what he thought about the player. He was also Ullmark's coach.

Good intel, thanks.

Gubbhornet

Dec 5, 2019
Forsberg didn't have anything to do with Olofsson or Ullmark. That was Fredrik Andersson as jfb392 said. Personally, I have lost my trust in Forsberg. But he should have some credits though for getting the Sens to draft Erik Karlsson.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
He went from head coach of a top team in the SHL (that he helped to build) to fiasco as headcoach for Modo. He was expected to become one of our top coaches but his career fizzled out.

He picked some really good players to Skellefteå if I remember correctly.

Probably one of the best swedes when it comes to scouting and a step up from that cluesless guy who mostly went to games for the enjoyment of hot dogs and cinnamon buns from the scouting/press area.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
He went from head coach of a top team in the SHL (that he helped to build) to fiasco as headcoach for Modo. He was expected to become one of our top coaches but his career fizzled out.

He picked some really good players to Skellefteå if I remember correctly.

Probably one of the best swedes when it comes to scouting and a step up from that cluesless guy who mostly went to games for the enjoyment of hot dogs and cinnamon buns from the scouting/press area.
Hamilton scouted the swedes?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad