Sabres-Avs 1/20/16 Anyone going?

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Anyone from this forum planning to attend next weeks game here in Denver? If so, it might be an opportunity to meet and greet fellow HF posters somewhere in the Pepsi Center............

(Moderators - please find the best fit for this thread per your guidelines)

jrb2590

Mar 15, 2014
Gotta get tickets but I plan on going (not a huge poster more of a lurker). Only in Denver for the month so pretty pumped the Sabres are in town. Really wish I had a ryan oreilly Sabres jersey to wear to the game though...

Punished ROR

a hero denied by hortons
Jul 3, 2006
Will you be wearing a jersey, LHC?

I'm in eastern Kansas, so a 12+ hour trip would have to be in order, and I've had my fill of road trips over the past few months. I am curious if the Can will have a tribute to ROR and how the fans receive him.

If they boo him, they'll only add an embarrassing epilogue to the "How We Drove Ryan O'Reilly out of Colorado" story. They won't boo him though, right? ... surely they won't ... they can't ...

fiend540

Sep 9, 2011
The wife and I will be there, love getting 100 level seats for ~60 bucks :laugh:

BTW the wing place in Littleton you pointed out to me last year is like a savior, now I just wish we had some real pizza in the southern metro area.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
The wife and I will be there, love getting 100 level seats for ~60 bucks :laugh:

BTW the wing place in Littleton you pointed out to me last year is like a savior, now I just wish we had some real pizza in the southern metro area.

We're sitting on the red line 12 rows up on the Penalty box side. Good buddy that's a Season Tix holder gave me the seats.

Yeah, the wings at West Hill Grill are authentic. Owner's wife likes to remarks that the worst pizza in Buffalo is better than any pizza found in Denver. I'd have to agree. There just ain't no real pizza in Denver.......no matter where you look.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co

I'm in eastern Kansas, so a 12+ hour trip would have to be in order, and I've had my fill of road trips over the past few months. I am curious if the Can will have a tribute to ROR and how the fans receive him.

If they boo him, they'll only add an embarrassing epilogue to the "How We Drove Ryan O'Reilly out of Colorado" story. They won't boo him though, right? ... surely they won't ... they can't ...

No jersey.... just a Sabres hat covering the rapidly thinning top knot.

Wish I had bought an RoR authentic when I was in Buffalo early last month though..........

I'm not expecting a tribute video. A few knuckleheads will boo RoR.. I'd love for him to be one of the 3 stars of the game and come out on the ice:handclap:

AvHooligan

Oct 10, 2015

I'll boo him lol. Besides I don't recall anyone driving him out of Colorado. We tried like hell to keep him. He just wanted to be on a team where he could be #1. So it won't be embarrassing at all. Just lots of fun ;)

nate8891

Mar 23, 2015
I'll be there for the game in my white LaFontaine jersey.. glad I read this thread, I'll certainly have to check out the wings in littleton.. Benny Blancos in Cap Hill will get you an authentic new york style pizza, I'd recommend giving them a try

fiend540

Sep 9, 2011
I'll be in section 132 wearing my eichel jersey shirt

I'll be there for the game in my white LaFontaine jersey.. glad I read this thread, I'll certainly have to check out the wings in littleton.. Benny Blancos in Cap Hill will get you an authentic new york style pizza, I'd recommend giving them a try

New York City style, or buffalo/wny style pizza? The wings are worth it, it's amazing how many places can mess up making chicken wings.

nate8891

Mar 23, 2015
I'll be in section 132 wearing my eichel jersey shirt

New York City style, or buffalo/wny style pizza? The wings are worth it, it's amazing how many places can mess up making chicken wings.

more nyc.. but still better pizza then a lot of the places you will find out here.

Last edited by a moderator:

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
more nyc.. but still better pizza then a lot of the places you will find out here.

Agree NYC pizza is better than what passes for pizza around here. But NYC pizza is not WNY pizza. My examples of almost but not quite correct include any Anthony's Pizza, Little Ricci's and The Garlic Knot.

Strangely enough, the best NYC style pizza I've had outside of NYC is a place that opened up a couple of years ago in a shopping plaza Ko Olina, Oahu, Hawaii (across from Disney's Aulani Resort.)

P.S. Section 126, Row 12, Seats 1 and 2. Sabres fans please stop by and say hello!

LHC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad