GDT: Sabres at Panthers: 5:00 pm EDT because why not?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Wish he would have stayed. Terrible f*** up.

Botts biggest perhaps. And he had some whoppers.

They aren't. My buddy who I watched the game with today is still a hater.

Solid measure of someone who doesn't understand smart players is what they think about guys like Reinhart.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Sam earned his criticism in his time here.

Didn't show up for 1st half of season every year.

Emotionless.

Good player but..

Let's see what he does in non-contract year.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Emotionless.

Good player but..

Same convo different year - he'd get chances and things wouldn't fall. If he wasn't getting chances, that's the concern. The scoring opportunities were there regularly and sometimes they went in, sometimes not. I can probably search on this comment key words and find this post from his time in Buffalo repeatedly, and likely to you and some others.

Sam got a lot of uncalled for shit from people like PHam which is why Maurice was taking swats at Buffalo's press huddle a few games back.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

Emotionless.

Good player but..

There was also the fact he was asked to play a different role for his first few seasons for terrible coaches. It wasnt until he found stability in his role where he could finally get into rhythm that he showed his potential.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Did they actually kill off the penalty in OT and still lose? I turned on the last 2 minutes and shut it off when Tuch took the high sticking penalty. :laugh: I don't have much patience for this team these days.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Same convo different year - he'd get chances and things wouldn't fall. If he wasn't getting chances, that's the concern. The scoring opportunities were there regularly and sometimes they went in, sometimes not. I can probably search on this comment key words and find this post from his time in Buffalo repeatedly, and likely to you and some others.

Sam got a lot of uncalled for shit from people like PHam which is why Maurice was taking swats at Buffalo's press huddle a few games back.

Pham had personal beef with Reinhart.. he always has at least one.

I didn't.. I just wasn't impressed with the majority of his game outside of his net front presence and passing.

Again..we will see if this is the Reinhart now or was just a motivated player looking to cash in.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA

I didn't.. I just wasn't impressed with the majority of his game outside of his net front presence and passing.

Again..we will see if this is the Reinhart now or was just a motivated player looking to cash in.
…and we have such great passing and net presence on this current team. I hear you. But most of this current roster couldn’t pass out and hit the floor. And we have next to nothing in front of net presence (Greenway, maybe?)

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
I like Reinhart a lot, wish he was still in Buffalo, etc., but I will always watch a player with a huge stat bump in a contract year with a degree of skepticism.

It always amused me when people accused him of being soft by highlighting how often he got hit/knocked down. Like, it never occurred to them that the reason that would happen was because he would regularly go to areas of the ice where players take hits.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
…and we have such great passing and net presence on this current team. I hear you. But most of this current roster couldn’t pass out and hit the floor. And we have next to nothing in front of net presence (Greenway, maybe?)

I get that. The team needed to rid itself of the rot of previous core. Jack and Sam had to go.

Don't miss them.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

The only player I can ever remember pham liking, and I mean really liking, was Brendan Guhle (aka the next Paul Coffey .

Last edited:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I like Reinhart a lot, wish he was still in Buffalo, etc., but I will always watch a player with a huge stat bump in a contract year with a degree of skepticism.

It always amused me when people accused him of being soft by highlighting how often he got hit/knocked down. Like, it never occurred to them that the reason that would happen was because he would regularly go to areas of the ice where players take hits.

Reinhart is so weird... he was one of the softest yet toughest players. Wouldn't engage physically ever....yet willing to take a beating down low.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Yes, I've had issue with his game even when he was scoring last season. He's not a good top 6 center and likely never will be. They've got to try him at wing or trade before anyone notices he sucks. Anyone with eyeballs can see that Quinn is the one making plays. Last year it was the chemistry with he and Peterka driving the success of the line.

You're not wrong ... everyone is down but Cozens' game has completely eroded to the point of being a straight up problem. Skinner is another one, but he's at least put some pucks in the net. Cozens being sub-20 goals is beyond pathetic during what should be his prime.

We've all got our agendas ... and yours is very very important too.

I like you. You go down swinging. Even though you also simultaneously annoy me (I fully expect the auto “Troll Stomper” bot to give me a warning here) and defend your position

Reactions: sabremike

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Botts biggest perhaps. And he had some whoppers.

Solid measure of someone who doesn't understand smart players is what they think about guys like Reinhart.
Don’t you mean Adams’ biggest whopper?
IMG_6819.jpeg

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad