Pre-Game Talk: Sabres at 'Canes: The Story thus Far

CanesAvs16

Jun 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
IIRC, there was an incident a season or two ago where Cole was hit from behind against Dallas (or maybe Toronto?), and Staal fought (or jumped) whoever hit Cole.

This was a few years ago, but I was at a game (vs. the caps I think) and e. staal fought near center ice. I couldn't even believe it was him! but it has happened.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
Ward was never good, unless you count getting pulled in a game and losing your starting job 'good' :shakehead
True. Ward's entire rep is based on a lie, propagated over the years by the Baghdad John/Tripp Goebbels FSN broadcast team. It's time we put this to an end. Ward has failed every single year since the Cup run except the year Babchuk led us to the playoffs. Time to hand the reigns to Ellis IMO.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
True. Ward's entire rep is based on a lie, propagated over the years by the Baghdad John/Tripp Goebbels FSN broadcast team. It's time we put this to an end. Ward has failed every single year since the Cup run except the year Babchuk led us to the playoffs. Time to hand the reigns to Ellis IMO.

Trade Ward to a team at the deadline that needs a strong, veteran backup. I dunno, let him back up Lindback in Tampa or something.

Why did we let Murphy go to the KHL? Best career SV% in league history, and we're starting Sham Ward?

This franchise is a joke.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
Trade Ward to a team at the deadline that needs a strong, veteran backup. I dunno, let him back up Lindback in Tampa or something.

Why did we let Murphy go to the KHL? Best career SV% in league history, and we're starting Sham Ward?

This franchise is a joke.
Nobody wants Sh4m W4rd's contract. It'll be something like Ward+Ryan Murphy+1st for Todd Bertuzzi.

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
I agree that we handle our goalies very poorly. So we just need to call up this Frederik Andersen kid. I heard he's really good.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
So, now that we have the season opener and home opener out of the way, do we actually come out and play every period or do we take a lot of time off? Hopefully the rust comes off this game or I'll make myself look like an ass in the stands like I did last game.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
what are the prospects for tlusty on the top line? long-term trend or short term line tinkering?

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Since he showed chemistry with Staal last year, and our lineup as a whole is lacking chemistry, I would wager that he is going to stick.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
what are the prospects for tlusty on the top line? long-term trend or short term line tinkering?

Hopefully, long term. He was there with Staal last year and proved to be one of the only players who could consistently compliment Staal, so I would like to think he'd continue to play with him.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Look at it this way, 4 points off the division lead with a game in hand, and 46 games to go is the best position we've been in in years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad