Sabres All-Time Toughest Team

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
put together who you think would make the all-time Sabres toughest team....When I say tough I mean they have to be able to check, and not afraid to drop the gloves....Let's try and make it competitive so if a player can score too he would be on one of the top lines...

Let's see what kind of rosters we can make from all the sabres throughout history....

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
sorry mods this was meant for the Sabres forum...can you please move there ? thanks

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I was gonna say as toigh as an all-time Sabres team I gotta think the Flyers win any contest of all time toughest teams... Though perhaps the Wings?

tehinternet

Jul 6, 2012
L. Ruff - May - Ray
E. Boulton - Ott - Barnaby
A. Peters - Peca - Mi. Foligno
J. Scott - Gaustad - Kaleta

L. Payfair - Boughner
M. Robitaille - B. Campbell
T. Myers - Jean-Luc Grand-Pierre

Steve Shields
?? Grant Fuhr

Coaches:
L. Ruff
T. Nolan

Karate Johnson*

Mike Hartman needs a spot

Varada would be on my squad.

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
L. Ruff - May - Ray
E. Boulton - Ott - Barnaby
A. Peters - Peca - Mi. Foligno
J. Scott - Gaustad - Kaleta

L. Payfair - Boughner
M. Robitaille - B. Campbell
T. Myers - Jean-Luc Grand-Pierre

Steve Shields
?? Grant Fuhr

Coaches:
L. Ruff
T. Nolan

Huh???

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
No single roster should leave off jay McKee. I've been a fan since the 90s and that's the toughest player to wear the sweater in that time.

tehinternet

Jul 6, 2012
That's true, I forgot about McKee. It's really tough coming up with D men for this list (and L. Wingers).

I knew Myers would piss off people :) But he can be physical when he wanted to. I remember him crushing heads into the boards simply because he was a foot taller than everyone else. Also, I was trying to mix in some skill here.

I did have Varada on the list, but he got bumped by someone, I forget.

As for guys <1996 when I stated following the team, I'm not as knowledgeable.

tehinternet

Jul 6, 2012
I think I should replace Peters with Varada. I don't know how that one snuck by me. Peters couldn't even fight good and Varada scored goals sometimes.

Last edited:

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
May/Peca/Gare
Maguire/Ray//Spencer
Barnaby/Hartman/Halkidis
Donnelly/Gillies/Ruff

Playfair/Shoenfeld
Korab/Ramsey
Bougher/McKee
Warrener

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
May/Peca/Gare
Maguire/Ray//Spencer
Barnaby/Hartman/Halkidis
Donnelly/Gillies/Ruff

Playfair/Shoenfeld
Korab/Ramsey
Bougher/McKee
Warrener

I like this roster..... Dave "the Hammer" Schultz deserves at least a mention, though he was a shadow of his former self during his time here. For goalies, Clint Malarchuk would be in the mix, too.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I like this roster..... Dave "the Hammer" Schultz deserves at least a mention, though he was a shadow of his former self during his time here. For goalies, Clint Malarchuk would be in the mix, too.

I was debating putting Schultz on there. But as you said he was a shell of himself when he played for us.

Correct

Jan 30, 2015
When I think of Andrew Peters, I'll always think about the brawl against Ottawa. He took on anyone and everyone in that game in defense of Drury. Then stepped up to an amateur boxer in Emery to defend Miller. Dude showed real toughness that day, no matter what you think of his offensive game.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
When I think of Andrew Peters, I'll always think about the brawl against Ottawa. He took on anyone and everyone in that game in defense of Drury. Then stepped up to an amateur boxer in Emery to defend Miller. Dude showed real toughness that day, no matter what you think of his offensive game.

Dude was an AHL punching bag until he started taking steroids. Even then he wasn't even a good fighter, he was just big. He's also recently talked on the air about how he wished there was a rule making it a penalty to go down on a knee to block a shot, because he hates blocking shots. I really don't think there's anything tough about him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad