Confirmed with Link: Sabres acquire Will Butcher and 5th round pick for future considerations

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
I think he is a placeholder for Samuelsson, and Bryson ought to be a placeholder for Power.

Would like to see Butcher flipped at the deadline, Miller as well. Bring up Samuelsson at the deadline. If Bryson has a decent season maybe he can get a 3rd next offseason.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
He's a place holder for Power. Samuelsson will be on the 3d pairing all season

Bryson in Rochester?

Not sure why we need to rush a waiver ineligible this season, one with only 25 pro games played and two seasons of exemption to go. But if he earns the spot over Bryson the better player should get it, thats the culture we are looking for.

Reactions: Jacob582

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
8449924.jpg

Hockey sticks, candlesticks, no problem no problem

Candlestick maker would hang out at a candlestick park...where the giants used to play...and Tage is a giant. So there it is.

Reactions: Chainshot

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
I think he is a placeholder for Samuelsson, and Bryson ought to be a placeholder for Power.

Would like to see Butcher flipped at the deadline, Miller as well. Bring up Samuelsson at the deadline. If Bryson has a decent season maybe he can get a 3rd next offseason.
Why do you want to trade Bryson? Odd...

Reactions: Jacob582

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
My only expectation for future LD is to make room for Power when he signs this spring.

Develop Brisson and Samuelsson this season. See how Butcher plays. Reassess at the trade deadline. We'll know better then where we stand.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Bryson in Rochester?

Not sure why we need to rush a waiver ineligible this season, one with only 25 pro games played and two seasons of exemption to go. But if he earns the spot over Bryson the better player should get it, thats the culture we are looking for.
I think Bryson is a tweener and they're going to run Samuelsson - Hagg as the 3d pair with skewed d-zone starts

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
I think Bryson is a tweener and they're going to run Samuelsson - Hagg as the 3d pair with skewed d-zone starts

So Pysyk as the 7th. Interesting. I dont know if I want Samuelsson playing 3rd pair minutes with Hagg of all players. He can play 50 games, 22 or 23 minutes a night in Rochester. Call him up at the deadline. Whats the hurry? He played 25 games last year in ELC year 1.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
So Pysyk as the 7th. Interesting. I dont know if I want Samuelsson playing 3rd pair minutes with Hagg of all players. He can play 50 games, 22 or 23 minutes a night in Rochester. Call him up at the deadline. Whats the hurry? He played 25 games last year in ELC year 1.
I think Samuelsson is superior to Bryson and this defense needs a big body that can actually defend.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
I think Samuelsson is superior to Bryson and this defense needs a big body that can actually defend.

That is a good point and he may be ready. Id play him with Pysyk though. I dont hate Hagg, but he is fine as a 7th D.

Bryson in Rochester but then there's no spot for him next year. Maybe he is just an AHL/NHL tweener anyhow. Sign him at 800K as an RFA and he could be a good 7th/8th D who won't get claimed.

His skillset isn't needed with what we already have. I wouldn't mind seeing him run PP2 with the Sabres. I think maximizing his trade value is the best we can do with him. Especially if we sign Ryan Johnson next offseason.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
That is a good point and he may be ready. Id play him with Pysyk though. I dont hate Hagg, but he is fine as a 7th D.

Bryson in Rochester but then there's no spot for him next year. Maybe he is just an AHL/NHL tweener anyhow. Sign him at 800K as an RFA and he could be a good 7th/8th D who won't get claimed.

His skillset isn't needed with what we already have. I wouldn't mind seeing him run PP2 with the Sabres. I think maximizing his trade value is the best we can do with him. Especially if we sign Ryan Johnson next offseason.
You maximize Butcher and Miller's value then move them at TDL with 50% retention and roll Bryson Fitz as 3d pair.
Next season you look at top 4 of
Samuelsson - Dahlin
Power - Jokiharju

Reactions: Der Jaeger

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
You maximize Butcher and Miller's value then move them at TDL with 50% retention and roll Bryson Fitz as 3d pair.
Next season you look at top 4 of
Samuelsson - Dahlin
Power - Jokiharju

That's not bad. Bryson as a 6th or 7th D, Fitzgerald as 8th. We would sign a 3rd pair veteran who can play either side and move up if injuries. Maybe keep Pysyk (or Hagg?) as the other 6th/7th.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Why do you want to trade Bryson? Odd...

I want Bryson gone because he’s small, not very physical, and can easily get taken advantage of by forecheckers. Now if he’s a 7/8 I can live with him being on the team. But full-time? No. Trade him otherwise. I don’t care if he skates well and has a good first pass out of the zone. Other Dmen can do that and not get bullied in their zone.

And if lots of people here like Bryson, idc. He’s this team’s version of my Ales Kotalik.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I want Bryson gone because he’s small, not very physical, and can easily get taken advantage of by forecheckers. Now if he’s a 7/8 I can live with him being on the team. But full-time? No. Trade him otherwise. I don’t care if he skates well and has a good first pass out of the zone. Other Dmen can do that and not get bullied in their zone.

And if lots of people here like Bryson, idc. He’s this team’s version of my Ales Kotalik.

I liked Ales Kotalik. Let's start the Bryson for RW campaign, now that Risto is gone.

Reactions: MarkusKetterer

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
That’s Pysyk’s job though!

Although I can actually see Bryson as a RW who gets bullied when he forechecks. Which I can live with. It’s not in the Sabres zone at least.

He's pretty slick and quick - I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Holzinger-esque role as a zone transition guy plus speedy forechecking.

Archie Lee

Apr 13, 2018
My best guess is that Samuelsson starts the year in Rochester. My prediction is that we go:

Dahlin/Joker
Hagg/Miller
Butcher/Pysyk
Bryson/Fitzgerald

One of Bryson/Fitzgerald might end up in Rochester, depending on whether they go with 7 or 8 D-men on the 23 man roster. Once injuries hit, there will be lots of shuffling.

Samuelsson and Laaksonen will get 1st pairing minutes and responsibilities in Rochester. Samuelsson will certainly get a call-up at some point and Laaksonen may as well.

Reactions: elchud

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I think it will be

Dahlin Joker
Bryson Miller
Butcher Pysyk
Hagg

Or

Dahlin Miller
Bryson Joker
Butcher Pysyk