Confirmed with Link: Sabres acquire rights to Jimmy Vesey for 2016 3rd round pick (no. 76 overall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY
dJeJU56.png

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
GMTM gets it, as we all know. Perfect move, if Vesey signs. Vesey's ahead of all but three of the forwards in the draft in terms of development (arguably ahead of Matthews and the Finns). He's cheaper to acquire in terms of draft picks. It leaves all the best assets that Sabres have to address other needs.

Of Vesey, Stamkos, 8OA, or trading up, Vesey was the best option in terms of cost both long and short term, while enabling the team to address the defense. If he signs, this move is very, very shrewd.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
We don't even have Pick 76 do we? I thought it was 69, 85, 86, 89.

Anyways, who the **** cares if we traded one of many 3rds...WELL worth the risk!

Vesey - Eichel - Reinhart. Can't. Wait. :yo:

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Pick 76 is Minnesota's pick which was acquired from Anaheim in the Jamie McGinn trade. Anaheim had previously acquired the pick from New Jersey as part of the return for Kyle Palmieri. New Jersey had previously acquired the pick from Florida as part of the return for Jaromir Jagr, and Florida had acquired the pick from Minnesota in return for Sean Bergenheim and a 7th.

So Minnesota to Florida to New Jersey to Anaheim to Buffalo to Nashville.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
One would have to assume, especially given trading a third for his rights, that Eichel said, "Yeah, my boy will sign." I'd also think then Murray wants to wrap it up (or at least know one way or another) early. Waiting until August 15 disrupts your plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad