Proposal: Sabres #8 OA for #9 OA + Marcus Foligno

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
That's multiple spots moving into the top 5, not 1 spot from 9 to 8.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, it won't. But the price to move up from 9 to 8 if both teams were willing is not Eriksson Ek.
That's multiple spots moving into the top 5, not 1 spot from 9 to 8.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, it won't. But the price to move up from 9 to 8 if both teams were willing is not Eriksson Ek.

the fact is its very uncommon for teams to move in the top 10. Qhy00because the price to do so is usually quite high.

From year to year it depends on the GMs involved and the depth of the draft.

I a year there was a clear top 8 then a cliff---then the price would be f***ing huuge.

If there was a top 6 that were clear ahead and then 7-12 were in the same ballpark then the price to move down one probably isnt going to be as much.

You have more pick moves once out of the top 12.

there have been more times teams have traded the pick to another team for a current player in the 8-9 range. Scneider to NJ, Stepan to AZ, Columbus got Jef Carter, Carolina got Staal

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
If the mythical 2c trade were available for the Sabres I do this trade everyday. Swap picks then trade 9oa and whatever for that 2c however since guys like Cirelli don't actually seem to be available it complicates matters. Hypothetical 2c plus foligno for 8th is a no brainer just cant think of a realistic 2c option actually available to facilitate this.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
If Rossi is available I'd only trade him for a 2C. A good one at that.
For Lundell it would be 9th overall+3C or 2nd

We want the same players.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Yeah you'll have to excuse the OP. He has some really weird and twisted views on this kinda stuff. Very old hat.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

No way can Minnesota entertain either of those.

To OP: In this scenario with Perfetti/Rossi/Lundell available, why doesn’t Minnesota just pick whoever of Rossi/Lundell isn’t taken by Buffalo?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad