GDT: Sabres (19pts) @ Blues (42pts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Vladdi wanted that one so bad. I’m happy for him. He’s gripping that stick pretty tight right now.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
oh i wouldnt worry about nashville. they are probably gonna pass us rather easily now. i just hope the blues can pile on as many points as they can and stay ahead of winnipeg and dallas.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Sabres fan here, coming in peace.
Great game.

And now you have witnessed what we Buffalo fans are dealing with. Its pretty much the same every game. We have a long way to go.

Anyways, good win and good luck in your playoff run.

Thanks very much. T'was a close game in the end.

Reactions: Yatzhee

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Was able to watch the game from the start of the second period, agree that Eichel looked like he was sort of going through the motions as it were tonight. Thought Barbashev looked decent.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
He got burned over committing to the poke check.
It wasn’t that Eichel got burned so much as Kane neglected to cover the middle of the ice! Eichel should have been fine making the play he did at the blue line because he SHOULD have had support from his teammates, particularly Kane.

I think whichever team ends up overpaying for E Kane at the deadline is going to seriously regret it. Great physical abilities, but his hockey IQ might actually be in the negative numbers...

Anyone else notice Barbashev and Vova completing a couple nice passes to each other and generally looking to be on the same page in the limited minutes they got together? Would love to see those two get a look on the same line.

Barb - Schenn - Vova
Steen - Stastny - Jaskin
Sobotka - Berglund - Blais/PRV/etc

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
Very, very important 2 points...looked at the schedule and I’m not positive about the upcoming games...gotta keep getting points against teams that low in the table

Reactions: LetsGoBooze

CitizenSnips

TheFightingMongooses
Nov 23, 2011
St. Louis
This was my first game I have attended this year after MANY years with full/half season ticket plans. I will say the new lights, sound, restrooms, and especially that new jumbotron make for a much better experience. On to my thoughts...

1. Missing 17 and 27 really shows. I thought they played a better game than some on here did but missing those two was noticeable.

2. I was really hoping that scoring first would have put them in a mind-frame to go out and pound the Sabres but they slowed down after a few minutes. I think this is due to the back to back

3. I may be the only one here but I think 23 has played VERY well the last 1-2 weeks. He is doing all the little things right and while I like him on the 4th line with 28 and 9, its nice to see him get to play in other situations and do well

4. 19 still looks a bit out of place at times. In previous years, his would position himself perfectly in almost every situation but this year, especially watching in person, he is not the same player he was before. I hope he gets his form back and that this was due to his start of the season injury

5. Shevy looked pretty good. I thought he would come out with some passion and show they made a mistake by not having him up here (even though I thought it was the right call). Looks like he will get some good ice time while 17 is out

All in all, not a whole lot to report because it was against Buffalo, we are on the second leg of the back to back and we were playing with a few guys out but I thought we had quite a few grade A chances and Lehner played very well. I dont like that they gave up the 2-1 lead that late but it was a lucky bounce and those things happen sometimes. I did not see the "turtle" the Blues were known for in the "Hitch" years so thats a plus as well

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Yeah I have no idea what Kane was thinking on Tarasenko's goal. You've got one of the best goal scorers on planet earth flying down the wing and he thought it would be a good idea to peel off. Talk about a stupid decision.

I agree on Barbashev too. I thought he looked pretty solid last night. Hopefully he pops one in the next game and gets some confidence going. We could really use him playing like he did last season to give us a boost.

Oh and Citizen, I think you nailed it with Jaskin. He's playing really well right now. I'd love to see him keep it up even when we get healthy. He's finally playing like a power forward and playing more in front of the net. That's what he needs to keep doing.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
Barbashev looked engaged and he definitely had some flashes of great plays. Bouwmeester still looks rough to me, outside of the PK. Missing Pietrangelo really shows on the defense. Parayko and Edmundson did their best, but not having a Pietrangelo to drive a play really hurts. Jaskin is definitely playing much better than previous years. This could be a late bloom style year for him if he can continue. I'd like to see Blais play with Stastny and Sobotka more, or drop Sobotka and put Steen back on the left because Sobotka and Berglund seem to have some good chemistry.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
No, we're sisters.

Sweet. Brayden Schenn is my sister. Not sure how that works exactly, being as Schenn's a dude. If it means I can get some good seats comp'd when I head to StL, I'll roll with it.

As for the game. I concur that Barbashev looked good. He needs to get some points. I'd love to see him play with tarasenko and get both of them off the snide. They had some chemistry, but nothing went in.

Jaskin is playing the role I said he should be playing for years, and its working. Decreased expectations are doing wonders for his reputation around here.

Overall, very glad we got 2 points, but it was an ugly way to get them. I am nervous going forward without Schwartz and with Tarasenko slumping. We made Lehner look like a stud. Tarasenko is so sick of missing nets, he is shooting right into goalie's chests like everyone else on our team not named Schenn does. Our entire team would ace the police academy weapons training. They hit center mass every time.

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
Spoilers! They hadn't even dropped the puck in the Blues end yet when I read this. :P
giphy.gif

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Why did Eichel get a 10m misconduct in OT?
I'm guessing because he slammed his stick against the net and broke it after Tarasenko scored? That would be the only reason I could see, although you see that happen quite often with players so not sure why it warranted a misconduct. I definitely agree that Kane was mostly at fault there, Eichel thought he had support behind him but Kane peeled off to cover the middle of the ice which gave Tarasenko the open lane.

Barbashev looked solid last night, hopefully he can build off of that performance. There's definitely some chemistry between him and Tarasenko that should be looked at with Schwartz out for a considerable time.

I think many of us have noticed Jaskin's surge in play this season. He's playing with more confidence when he has the puck and is using his body effectively along the boards. I wrote him off last season but am happy that he is making me eat crow right now. Speaking of eating crow, I despised the Upshall signing when it happened but I have no shame in admitting that I was wrong. He's been extremely effective at his role and has continued to impress me each night. The stupid penalties have also been limited which was my biggest gripe about him. Him and Brodziak combine for a formidable duo.

Reactions: BangarangxRufio
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Upshall and Brodziak are both scoring at a roughly 30 point pace thus far. Really hope they can keep that up. We'd basically be getting third line production for a fourth line price tag.

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
Feel bad for Sabre's fans...they are reaching "Bouwmeester dump play during olympics" level of breakdown in their argument for who is to blame on the OT goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad