Injury Report: Sabres '18-19 Injuries: Bogosian, Pilut, UPL

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
So what can we piece together?

The last time he was "fully healthy" was before Christmas (??)
He was injured sometime over the Christmas break (??)
Whatever injury he had / has, apparently has worsened in the 2+ games since the break (??)
The injury is "upper body" (??)

Is that it?

jd1970

Feb 23, 2007
Downtown Buffalo
He sucked in the two games before the Isles game. In hindsight he was probably playing those hurt too.
I seem to remember him getting hit real hard into the boards twice against Anaheim.
They were going after him, I remember him yapping with Getzlaf after a period ended.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Come to think of it a few games ago this was about a week before the break he was playing really physical for a couple games and I remembere him going down a couple times and being worried then, I had it in my mind then about him getting hurt I just hadn’t through if it since. It was a close game whatever it was, maybe the game we lost to Florida?

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Anything on nelson? Not that it really matters kinda forgot he was hurt but now I'm just generally curious?

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I think its been a cumulative thing with Jack but I certainly recall him taking out the post a couple of games back. Believe it was against the Blues (? looked like he lost and edge but his rear leg/skate really got stretched out...).

And wasn't it the recent game against Boston when he was mugged and dog piled in or near Rask's crease? It was a 2 -3 Bruin tackle and body slam.

He's had a target on his back of late and I think something slight or lingering has gotten more severe and it's caught up with him.

No one wants to waste a roster slot on an enforcer any longer but it's clear that liberties are being taken with a lot of the game's stars w/o retribution/consequence.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Obviously the doctors were wrong and shouldnt have let him play the last game in the first place.
This is what I said in the GDT. If a stretch pass was too much for him to endure, then playing him was not a good look. Now they're already calling him out multiple games, hmm.

Like Littleton says, this happened in the Blues game, and he didn't look right afterwards. Should have been kept off the ice then.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
I think its been a cumulative thing with Jack but I certainly recall him taking out the post a couple of games back. Believe it was against the Blues (? looked like he lost and edge but his rear leg/skate really got stretched out...).

And wasn't it the recent game against Boston when he was mugged and dog piled in or near Rask's crease? It was a 2 -3 Bruin tackle and body slam.

He's had a target on his back of late and I think something slight or lingering has gotten more severe and it's caught up with him.

No one wants to waste a roster slot on an enforcer any longer but it's clear that liberties are being taken with a lot of the game's stars w/o retribution/consequence.

Yeah, but on the flip side liberties are taken with McDavid, hes constantly being held, slashed, interfered with, and they employed Lucic to deal with that. He hasn't helped and is a huge drain on their cap space. The game protects rats like Marchand and Wilson because they are productive, if we employed another Kaleta it wouldn't help us win games or even be on the ice with Eichel. Risto can be physical, but it seems like his gloves are surgically attached to his hands.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Yeah, but on the flip side liberties are taken with McDavid, hes constantly being held, slashed, interfered with, and they employed Lucic to deal with that. He hasn't helped and is a huge drain on their cap space. The game protects rats like Marchand and Wilson because they are productive, if we employed another Kaleta it wouldn't help us win games or even be on the ice with Eichel. Risto can be physical, but it seems like his gloves are surgically attached to his hands.
I’d take Kaleta or Wilson over a ton of our bottom 9. Well maybe not Kaleta but I’d offer Nylander and Pilut to the caps for Wilson

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Come to think of it a few games ago this was about a week before the break he was playing really physical for a couple games and I remembere him going down a couple times and being worried then, I had it in my mind then about him getting hurt I just hadn’t through if it since. It was a close game whatever it was, maybe the game we lost to Florida?
Think your right Florida or Anaheim where they both tried go after our guys. .. Or St Louis .. its been a strategy since Fla bullied us and I think we responded against Bruins w bad penalty , Kessler scum and good effort and last night Win that may back the league off .. like Mcjeebus accepting trade of guy that admitted to deliberately trying to injure.. I hope he completely heals as a test for our team.. If we step up, win as a team amd sot him til after all star overtskimg Boston.. we are ready for a run and Botts acts accordimgly.. Last might was great for the team.. we shall see... hope they win and he doesnt rush back..

Last edited:

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co

Understand. But I'm old school. I like having a Bob Probert or Dave Semenko on your team who pound the s**t out of anybody who touches your stars.
Yeah, these days they gotta be able to play hockey too. Andrew Peters and Jon Scott wouldn't qualify.

Reactions: beukeboom

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Understand. But I'm old school. I like having a Bob Probert or Dave Semenko on your team who pound the s**t out of anybody who touches your stars.
Yeah, these days they gotta be able to play hockey too. Andrew Peters and Jon Scott wouldn't qualify.
There's a Probert documentary linked in this post. A sad, tragic tale of a player still revered in Detroit. This 2016 documentary about enforcers might interest you as well, LHC. A few cringey moments for me, but mostly quite well done.

Apologies for derailing the thread.

Any updates on our captain?

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
No update at all. I fear the worst. Any longer then 10 games this team is toast. Best they could hope for without Jack for 20 games would be ~18/40 points.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
No update at all. I fear the worst. Any longer then 10 games this team is toast. Best they could hope for without Jack for 20 games would be ~18/40 points.
Didnt the team say they'd check him again sometime after the Bruins game?

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Is Girgs hurt that bad? No updates. He wasn’t even hurt in a game. Just listed on IR one day with lots further info.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
It is almost as if Nick Riviera is the team physician

Zgm3yvx.jpg

Sabres F Jack Eichel (leg for an arm and arm for a leg) is day-to-day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad