News Article: Saaaaaalllllllty? ... "Traitor": Canadiens fans not happy with PK Subban cheering for Leafs

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
LOL... looks like Leaf fans are not the only overreactive fan base

From his exciting play to his charitable off-ice endeavours, ex-NHL defenceman PK Subban was (and is) beloved by Montreal Canadiens fans.
And while his time with the Habs only lasted six years, it was always pretty clear where the Toronto native’s heart was. That notion was solidified when the 35-year-old was honoured with his own Bell Centre ceremony back in January.
However, these days, Subban, who grew up a Canadiens fan, seems to be comfortable stepping into enemy territory, sending out a message of support for the Toronto Maple Leafs on Monday.
“Come on Leafs… Lots of hockey! One shift at a time,” Subban wrote on X as Toronto attempted to come back from a 4-1 deficit against the Tampa Bay Lightning. “Boyz gotta rally!”
Come on leafs.. lots of hockey! 1 shift at a time! Boyz gotta rally!​
— P.K. Subban (@PKSubban1) November 7, 2023
Subban’s encouragement may have worked, with the Leafs ultimately winning the game in overtime, but it came at a cost.
Members of the Canadiens faithful were not pleased and they made sure to let the ESPN host know.
“You mean… go Habs ya?” one user asked.
“They ain’t playing the Habs… relax,” Subban replied
They ain’t playing the habs… relax 💀
— P.K. Subban (@PKSubban1) November 7, 2023
“I don’t even know you anymore,” one fan wrote.

Last edited:

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
LOL... looks like Leaf fans are not the only overreactive fan base

From his exciting play to his charitable off-ice endeavours, ex-NHL defenceman PK Subban was (and is) beloved by Montreal Canadiens fans.
And while his time with the Habs only lasted six years, it was always pretty clear where the Toronto native’s heart was. That notion was solidified when the 35-year-old was honoured with his own Bell Centre ceremony back in January.
However, these days, Subban, who grew up a Canadiens fan, seems to be comfortable stepping into enemy territory, sending out a message of support for the Toronto Maple Leafs on Monday.
“Come on Leafs… Lots of hockey! One shift at a time,” Subban wrote on X as Toronto attempted to come back from a 4-1 deficit against the Tampa Bay Lightning. “Boyz gotta rally!”

Subban’s encouragement may have worked, with the Leafs ultimately winning the game in overtime, but it came at a cost.
Members of the Canadiens faithful were not pleased and they made sure to let the ESPN host know.
“You mean… go Habs ya?” one user asked.
“They ain’t playing the Habs… relax,” Subban replied

The entitlement of the fanbase . Never considering he was always a Leaf fan and you never knew him in the first place. And why would you ffs?

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
And Montreal did kind of, sort of, break his heart. So…

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
He grew up a leafs fan, what did they expect?
lol No he didn't. Which doesn't mean he can't cheer for the Leafs now. Personally I grew up in the GTA, cheering for the Habs. That doesn't mean I wouldn't cheer for the Leafs, if you guys are playing say Tampa.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Pathetic, idiotic Habs fans rioted because one of their star players was suspended for attacking a ref. They claimed it was an Anglo plot to deny them the Cup. They are the very definition of a moronic, overreacting fan base. Always have been, always will be.

Not to mention calling the cops on Chara.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Grew up in Toronto as a Leafs fan. What the F did they expect PK to do?

LOL Habs fanbase is a freakin' JOKE!

EDIT: The article says he grew up a habs fan. WTF? I distinctly remember reading in the past that PK was a Leafs fan when he was growing up. Whats going on?

Reactions: Cleetus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad