S17 similar sticks

gar013

Jan 10, 2011
I've been reading this forum for a while, but i never made an account. what better time to make one since i have a question haha
anyways
I've been using an S17 for a season or so, but im just waiting for the blade to explode on me :P i like the S17, but since its discontinued, its impossible to find a lower flex one. Can someone tell me some sticks that a re similar to the S17? thanks

doobie604

Jan 19, 2007
logical choice would be s19, but i hear it's bit heavier vs s17 cause it's more durable. not sure about puck feel or if there are any changes to kickpoint etc... s17 was great, but it wasn't durable and the elliptical design doesn't give you the option of converting it to a tapered shaft when the blade goes. one95 would be my option if you want a mid kick stick. i guess it would be totalone or one100 now, but i think you can still find lots of one95s on clearance.

gar013

Jan 10, 2011
yeah i was actually thinking about the one95, but i'd rather stay with easton for the sakic curve (i dont really like the P91 BAuer curve) but the s19 is kinda pricey for me. What about the SE16? i havent tried that stick yet

Pedagogue

May 31, 2009
yeah i was actually thinking about the one95, but i'd rather stay with easton for the sakic curve (i dont really like the P91 BAuer curve) but the s19 is kinda pricey for me. What about the SE16? i havent tried that stick yet

Great thread. I too loved the S17. Man my snap shot was deadly with that stick. I'm looking for something similar. However, isn't the sakic equivalent Bauer P92 not P91?

doobie604

Jan 19, 2007
yes the p92(naslund) is the closest to easton sakic, for me i couldn't really tell the difference and after a game or 2 you get use to it. se16 is pretty good, i liked the older se better though but se16 good puck feel, balanced, and east to load, but again the blade durability isn't that great. if the sticks were cheap enough i would stick with easton's top of the line stuff, but just not baller enough.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
yes the p92(naslund) is the closest to easton sakic, for me i couldn't really tell the difference and after a game or 2 you get use to it. se16 is pretty good, i liked the older se better though but se16 good puck feel, balanced, and east to load, but again the blade durability isn't that great. if the sticks were cheap enough i would stick with easton's top of the line stuff, but just not baller enough.

Backstrom now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad