Ryder with 36pts in 47 games!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Ryder continues to kick ass 36pts in 47 games!!

1goal 2 assists yesterday against philly in a 4-1 win.

this guy is improving everygame, wow

7pts lead over Hunter I know Pitkanen is really great and in the long run will be better than Ryder, Hunter and Bergeron but the offensive numbers that Ryder is puttings are really impresive more than any other rookie in a LOOOOOONNG time!!

i think it will be a Finnish in between Ryder one of Hunter/Bergeron and Pitkanen.

but i dont think pitkanen will win unless he can have more points. Ryder is on pace for more than 60pts wich is GREAT* for a rookie.

* new era hockey

edit: oops, forgot raycroft, i was talking about skaters that why i forgot him.

Last edited:

V for Voodoo

Nov 7, 2002
Boom Shaka-Laka.
Visit site
What Ryder is doing is great, he's made me a big fan of his already.
He is my favourite to win the Calder this year, too.

Crusher20 said:
i think it will be a Finnish in between Ryder one of Hunter/Bergeron and Pitkanen.

As of right now, Raycroft is a lock to be a finalist, there's really no chance that he not be, his stats as a rookie are just as impressive as Ryder's.

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Hydroponic Harold said:
Montreal will probably trade him ,Zednick and Ribiero to Philadelphia for Therrien and some obscure french draft pick buried in the Flyers system .... :joker:

I want Eric Chouinard back!!! :P

lol

and btw i did forgot Raycroft that true he is playing great as well.

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
I agree, Ryder has been simply amazing lately, picking up points left and right, he's be a huge part of the Habs success. But I am a Bruins fan and just wanted to clear some things up... ;)

"I know Pitkanen is really great and in the long run will be better than Ryder, Hunter and Bergeron"

I don't think Bergeron should be mentioned with Ryder and Hunter in the long run comparing to Pitkanen. Ryder, and Hunter are 23 years old, Pitkanen just about for sure will be better than those two in the long run, but Bergeron is 18, I think it's still really up in the air if Pitkanen will end up bring better than Bergeron in the future.

"i think it will be a Finnish in between Ryder one of Hunter/Bergeron and Pitkanen."

No mention of Raycroft here, I'd say Raycroft is doing just has good has Ryder is. Both the same age, and both making huge impacts on each others team. I'd say Ryder and Raycroft are neck and neck for the race right now, and Pitkanen and Hunter ain't far off with Bergeron being a tiny bit behind them.

Just wanted to clear that stuff up...

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
ShadowL said:
I agree, Ryder has been simply amazing lately, picking up points left and right, he's be a huge part of the Habs success. But I am a Bruins fan and just wanted to clear some things up... ;)

"I know Pitkanen is really great and in the long run will be better than Ryder, Hunter and Bergeron"

I don't think Bergeron should be mentioned with Ryder and Hunter in the long run comparing to Pitkanen. Ryder, and Hunter are 23 years old, Pitkanen just about for sure will be better than those two in the long run, but Bergeron is 18, I think it's still really up in the air if Pitkanen will end up bring better than Bergeron in the future.

"i think it will be a Finnish in between Ryder one of Hunter/Bergeron and Pitkanen."

No mention of Raycroft here, I'd say Raycroft is doing just has good has Ryder is. Both the same age, and both making huge impacts on each others team. I'd say Ryder and Raycroft are neck and neck for the race right now, and Pitkanen and Hunter ain't far off with Bergeron being a tiny bit behind them.

Just wanted to clear that stuff up...

yeah, i know i just didnt think of raycroft. but your right he deserve respect, as far a Bergeron is concerned i think he got a nice potential but it doesnt mean that he will be better than any other 23 year old player, some player are longer to develop, just look at some NHL stars now, Kovalev, Naslund, Doan etc etc etc. i know he as never been consider a potential star but this guy is having more points than anyone on the habs and even koivu isnt getting more points than jim, Only Ribeiro as more points and he doesnt even play on the same line.

Ejh18

Mar 3, 2003
Columbus
Visit site
Crusher20 said:
the offensive numbers that Ryder is puttings are really impresive more than any other rookie in a LOOOOOONNG time!!

You're right, If you consider 2 years ago a LOOOOOONNNNG time.

Dany Heatly had 67 in 01-02.

Last edited:

balddog66

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Ryder is having what I think will be his best nhl season ever...enjoy the ride, he's a flash in the pan....

People seem to ignore Raycrofts numbers in Boston as a rookie, not sure why, I think he's easily a finalist.

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
balddog66 said:
Ryder is having what I think will be his best nhl season ever...enjoy the ride, he's a flash in the pan....

People seem to ignore Raycrofts numbers in Boston as a rookie, not sure why, I think he's easily a finalist.

Flash in the Pan???

lol

wait until you see him play first.

and btw Heatley scored 67pts and did he win the award? and we are talking superstar here, Ryder is no Heatley, that what makes his performance so great.

All-Star

Jul 14, 2003
Snake Mountain
Visit site
balddog66 said:
he's a flash in the pan...

Have you even seen Ryder play? Flash in the pan players tend to be very streaky... Ryder has been consistent since day one; that is the opposite of streaky...

When it comes to Calder talk though, Raycroft is probably the man... He's having the greater impact on his team. Without him the Bs would be hanging with the New York teams chasing the 8th instead of hanging with Montreal and New Jersey chasing the Leafs. Montreal on the other hand would probably be in just about the same shape without Ryder, because they have Theodore...

A good goaltender can carry an average team all the way...

Ejh18

Mar 3, 2003
Columbus
Visit site
Marcel the great! said:
he ment for the habs. :teach:

:teach: No he didnt.

Read what he said...

Crusher20 said:
7pts lead over Hunter I know Pitkanen is really great and in the long run will be better than Ryder, Hunter and Bergeron but the offensive numbers that Ryder is puttings are really impresive more than any other rookie in a LOOOOOONNG time!!

And then he responded with...

Crusher20 said:
and btw Heatley scored 67pts and did he win the award? and we are talking superstar here, Ryder is no Heatley, that what makes his performance so great.

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Marcel the great! said:
sorry, then you right, crusher20 your an idiot :D

You think your funny eh? ok lets fight them, I will wait for you in the center ice of the Bell Centre i will bring my buddies, Langdon, Morrisette and Audette, your dead man! :)

tomorow before the game. in front of 21 273 fans. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad