Ryder or Brière ?

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I would have preferred anything over Brière. The way he turned his back to the Habs back then to sign with the Flyers... And how we miserably crawled back to sign him at a ridiculously big contract given his performances... I think I'm going to puke. Where's our pride in all that? The most storied franchise in all pro sports...

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
Classic HFBoards. Blaming all of our problems on 3rd and 4th liners and top pairing D-men. As usual.

King Niinimaa*

Brière failing here was so predictable :shakehead
This is actually even worse. It was horrible to begin with but right now that contract is outrageous. Before he signed there were these rumours about Brière wanting to stay on the east coast because of his children. Guess 4 and 2 was more than he expected.

During the regular season I was willing to give 5 x 2 to Ryder but thought he'd receive more from somewhere else. First time in ages he actually had two point-wise effective seasons in a row. Didn't miss him after the playoffs but had I chance to choose whether we give 10 to Ryder or 8 to Brière, I'd choose not to low-ball Lecavalier. If Vinny would still refuse, then Ryder.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Michael Ryder by far, you know that at the end of the season you will get 30 goals from him. Always liked the guy...we should have signed him instead of Briere.

JFmtl

Nov 7, 2009
Montreal
what about none of them? Ryder was a nice affair after just the trade, but when it counted, he was nowhere to be found. And Brière seems all but finished.

marvelousmotion

Nov 29, 2003
Visit site
I was never a fan of Brière and still don't like him that much to be honest, but he has always been a better hockey player than Ryder.

People here are quick to jump to conclusions... I'd wait a bit before judging Brière. He always finds a way to prove his doubters wrong and never fails to show up during the playoffs. Also, in the small sample of games that Brière played, he was mostly stuck playing on a line with a struggling Desharnais.

Erik Cole also had a slow start with the Habs two years ago. Alex Kovalev is another one who only had 3 points in 12 games when he first joined the team. Both ended up being pretty good acquisitions afterall.. might be the same story with Brière.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad