Confirmed with Link: Rydahl traded to Colorado for Anton Blidh

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
He has 84 penalty minutes in 41 regular season games.
Must like the solitude of the penalty box.
Dyslexia Edit: thanks to cwede it’s 84 NHL games and 41 penalty minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: bl02 and Circus86

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Blidh isn’t a bad depth/13th forward.

I’m just disappointed we never gave Rydahl a look. He may have done well with NHL level linemates. He may do well elsewhere. He may never be an NHL player. I thought he was a good signing though, so I’d have liked him to get a 5 game cup of coffee before moving on.

Reactions: egelband and Atax

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Would’ve liked to see Rydahl get a shot, but still like the trade. Good 4th line… probably Motte insurance. This team could use an a-hole to work in every now and again.

Reactions: leetch99

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
Wouldn't be surprised if Rydhal wanted out. European players hate Hartford. It's like Camden, New Jersey to them for some reason.
This is why I don't think it's the best environment to develop skill/finesse players.
Nothing wrong with the city of Hartford, and personally I enjoy a Pack game as much as anyone (especially since the trek into NYC is pretty much unbearable these days - at least until Metro North is going directly to Penn), but the AHL is full of gritty plugs who can't do anything at the NHL level, but can put up 40-50 points down there and who populate the top lines accordingly.
I really can't think of a scoring forward that has ever thrived or put up numbers down there for the Rangers. The only players who seem to develop from time down there are:
-Power forwards
-Big, two way centers
-Defensive forwards
-Defensemen who need to work on their defense
-Useless grinders who have the potential to become serviceable grinders.
-Goalies

Otherwise, Ryan Carpenter is the perfect example of the modern AHL player in the Rangers organization...practically PPG down there, struggles to score at replacement level at the NHL.

There are a few selective examples of players who've done well in the league on other teams, but usually in small sample sizes as they were called up shortly after. I mean, I'm just trying to scan my memory to think of an example of a prime scoring forward that ever thrived going back to the Binghamton Rangers days in the AHL and my brain can't do it...when I think of players who've been successful down there, it's just full of memories of Ken Gernanders, the "other" Ferraros, Derek Armstrong, Brad Smyth, Rico Fata, John Tripp, Pat Rissmiller, Kris Newbury, Andre Deveaux, etc.

The only skill player I can really recall doing well in Hartford was Zuccarello, and to be honest I thought he should have been in the NHL from day one (I still believe Torts being a dinosaur who overvalued grit was the biggest thing holding him back). And of course he went on to have his best years not with NYR, like so many others...

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
This is why I don't think it's the best environment to develop skill/finesse players.
Nothing wrong with the city of Hartford, and personally I enjoy a Pack game as much as anyone (especially since the trek into NYC is pretty much unbearable these days - at least until Metro North is going directly to Penn), but the AHL is full of gritty plugs who can't do anything at the NHL level, but can put up 40-50 points down there and who populate the top lines accordingly.
I really can't think of a scoring forward that has ever thrived or put up numbers down there for the Rangers. The only players who seem to develop from time down there are:
-Power forwards
-Big, two way centers
-Defensive forwards
-Defensemen who need to work on their defense
-Useless grinders who have the potential to become serviceable grinders.
-Goalies

Otherwise, Ryan Carpenter is the perfect example of the modern AHL player in the Rangers organization...practically PPG down there, struggles to score at replacement level at the NHL.

There are a few selective examples of players who've done well in the league on other teams, but usually in small sample sizes as they were called up shortly after. I mean, I'm just trying to scan my memory to think of an example of a prime scoring forward that ever thrived going back to the Binghamton Rangers days in the AHL and my brain can't do it...when I think of players who've been successful down there, it's just full of memories of Ken Gernanders, the "other" Ferraros, Derek Armstrong, Brad Smyth, Rico Fata, John Tripp, Pat Rissmiller, Kris Newbury, Andre Deveaux, etc.

The only skill player I can really recall doing well in Hartford was Zuccarello, and to be honest I thought he should have been in the NHL from day one (I still believe Torts being a dinosaur who overvalued grit was the biggest thing holding him back). And of course he went on to have his best years not with NYR, like so many others...

I don't think it's Hartford the city, it's the environment around the rink and the skills/training program.

Kucherov, Giroux, Rantanen have spent time in the AHL.

Drury really should get rid of Ciaccio as soon as this offseason before any player movement begins.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
2 silent H's traded for each other. I guess we win because he has NHL experience. Gallant craps his pants when it comes to playing players without NHL experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad