Rychel and Milano lead arrival of reinforcements in Columbus

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
sonny_milano_usa_2015_wjc.jpg
Photo: Sonny Milano was outstanding during his only season of major junior hockey, racking up 68 points in 50 games (22 goals, 46 assists) for the OHL’s Plymouth Whalers. (Courtesy of Jason Mowry/Icon Sportswire)

The Columbus Blue Jackets have slowly amassed a logjam of prospects at multiple positions, and the 2015-16 season represents a coming of age for a young group that has largely grown up together. The organization moved its AHL affiliate just two hours north in Cleveland, proof that some of the little things like travel time and personal instruction matter to the organization, players and personnel alike.

Those little things matter on the ice, too, where the team has multiple openings in Columbus left open, presumably for a young player to step in and earn it.… read more

The post Rychel and Milano lead arrival of reinforcements in Columbus appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
an article about the prospects that doesn't mention the top prospect?

Better get call Saul to get Mike to straighten them out. :laugh:

As soon as I saw the headline and you as the "first responder" I kind of suspected the response. But yes OB should have been mentioned.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I've actually been really rational about Oliver. I think it's pretty clear he would be best served to start in Cleveland. Same with Milano and Rychel. No need to skate them on the fourth line in Columbus, get them top minutes and learn to be a pro. The Jackets have that luxury, for once.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
I've actually been really rational about Oliver. I think it's pretty clear he would be best served to start in Cleveland. Same with Milano and Rychel. No need to skate them on the fourth line in Columbus, get them top minutes and learn to be a pro. The Jackets have that luxury, for once.

Agreed. After 3 pre-season games I haven't seen anything from Oliver, or Sonny that would get them on the big club. Time in Cleveland will do them a world of good.

Rychel on the other hand is getting close. I thought he looked pretty good last night. He should be a beast for the Monsters this season, and should get some extended play with the CBJ when injuries occur.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Rychel on the other hand is getting close. I thought he looked pretty good last night. He should be a beast for the Monsters this season, and should get some extended play with the CBJ when injuries occur.

He wasn't very good in the first game, Milano and Oliver were both better in that game. I think that given their youth, each game we may see a "better" skater each time.

But, Rychel is the "safer" player I suppose, given that he would bring physicality.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
None of them looked particularly dazzling. I would say call ups in case of injury or in case we can flip Bourque at the TDL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad