Ryback Contract Dispute [UPD: Ryback comments post #26]

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It probably is involved in the pay. They might already even get a flat rate per diem, but then have to pay up and over the amount for things they want. I imagine in some areas it's difficult to get a standard rate as places like NY are much more expensive than say Birmingham Alabama or Little Rock Arkansas. 80-100 dollars might cover it there on a group rate. That's not going to do it in a high priced area. They're also not staying at a Days Inn.

For example, I do some side work for the College Board, and they fly me out to the site and pay me a stipend to do it. They put up the hotel, but you can always decline and take the rate they'll pay per night in reimbursement and pay above to what they'll pay so you can stay somewhere else.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Ryback was making about $665,000 bucks a year, which to me is probably fair. He's the equivalency of a 4th liner in the NHL. He doesn't do much all that well.

The stupidity of his negotiation is he's not only asking for something that no one else get, he's asking for a contract that basically was last seen in a company that was killed partially because of contracts like that.

Right now, the WWE is looking at guys like Corbin and other monsters who can do what Ryback can do and then phoning Ryback and telling him to enjoy his probably $100k a year in the independants.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad