Rumor: Ryan Whitney

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
If he wasn't made of glass he'd be a solid pickup. I'd take him Toronto if his contract was cheap. Big, smooth skating puck mover. I'd prefer him over Liles to be honest.

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
Could be a good depth addition on a one year deal for around a million. Otherwise I wouldn't be interested. It's Eklund, so I won't hold my breath though.

Last edited:

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Will never fully recover from critical ankle injury. Wants a fresh start. It would be an emergency signing if we did. It would mean we couldn't sign Franson.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Will never fully recover from critical ankle injury. Wants a fresh start. It would be an emergency signing if we did. It would mean we couldn't sign Franson.

It does seem he has had a lot of leg and ankle injury.

If we do pick him up, I hope he doesn't turn out to be another Komisarek.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
He's missed a ton of games over the last 5-6 years:

PK8imMl.png

On a low (2-2.5m) one year deal. Otherwise pass. We don't need him.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
He's missed a ton of games over the last 5-6 years:

PK8imMl.png

On a low (2-2.5m) one year deal. Otherwise pass. We don't need him.

I dont even think I would want him for that. He cant stay healthy and he cant keep up to the NHL game anymore.

900k or less so we can demote him if it doesn't work out. That would be all I would do.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Eklund claiming we're very interested in him, what do you guys think? I think he used to play for Carlyle in Anaheim

Eklund is a complete plug who isn't connected the way he'd like people to think he is.

Prior to deadline day about two years ago he wrote up some post claiming that the Leafs had finally gotten their man - the big first line center they so badly needed. According to him, all that remained was to clear the deal with the league.

Yeah right, we're still waiting on that one.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
His game is primarily offense. They have 4 of those already.

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
His ankles really killed his mobility. He's slow and can't turn worth a damn. Watching him play with the Oilers this past season, whenever he wasn't a healthy scratch, was painful to look at.

Geese_Howard*

He had his best years under Carlyle I think. Dude is to injury prone and rather keep Fraser

MakeTheIronSing

Oct 13, 2011
Edmonton
I would rather save the money and let someone take the position from within. Preferably Rielly, Holzer, Granberg or Blacker. If its not a high impact 1st line d at this point, there's little point considering there's 3 rfas that need signing before taking on Whitney.

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
I dont even think I would want him for that. He cant stay healthy and he cant keep up to the NHL game anymore.

900k or less so we can demote him if it doesn't work out. That would be all I would do.

His mobility is non-existent any more. He was a good defenseman at one point but he's never been the same player for a while now. There is a reason even Edmonton benched him. Loads of talent but broken goods.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad