Player Discussion Ryan White

Status
Not open for further replies.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
I say sign this guy right now to a team friendly 2-3 yr deal. He's basically ideal opposite Stewart.
I am pleased with the start White has had but no way should the Wild offer him anything right now.The Wild need to figure out how to keep Granlund,Nino and Zucker before signing marginal fourth liners.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Not for nothing, but we may need every nickel of savings from our 4th line that we can get next year.

Yeah, he might play himself into a bigger contract than many expect.

He is going to be playing with 3rd line caliber guys getting 4th line matchups.

Bottom line guys gotta take the money when they can get it, happened with Stoner and I wouldn't be surprised if it happens with White.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Yeah, he might play himself into a bigger contract than many expect.

He is going to be playing with 3rd line caliber guys getting 4th line matchups.

Bottom line guys gotta take the money when they can get it, happened with Stoner and I wouldn't be surprised if it happens with White.

White isn't just some no skilled wrecking ball. He was a PPG+ player in Jrs (FWIW). He's just turned into the player he thought he needed to be to stay in the NHL.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
White isn't just some no skilled wrecking ball. He was a PPG+ player in Jrs (FWIW). He's just turned into the player he thought he needed to be to stay in the NHL.

That is proving my point.
He turned himself into a 4th line guy because that is how he could stay in the NHL.

Now hes traded to an extremely deep team where his line mates are 3rd line quality and getting 4th line matchups, he is likely going to produce more than he ever has his entire career.

That will lead to him getting FA contract offers higher than he has gotten his entire career, because these new contract offers will represent such a high % of his total career earnings he is unlikely to leave any money on the table just to stay in a good situation.

To put it simpler, he isn't going to produce like a no skilled wrecking ball and because of that he won't be getting paid like a no skill wrecking ball like he currently is. Because we are going to be so tight up against the cap there is a good chance that difference will be big enough to matter for the Wild.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad