Player Discussion Ryan White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Ryan White: 6'0", 200 lbs, C/RW, almost 29 years old.

I wanted him as a UFA this last offseason. I just like how he plays the game, hits people, hustles, defends his teammates, and has an under rated scoring touch.

White made an impression in his first game with the Wild. 1g, 1a in ~10 mins playing on a line with Staal/Nino. I really hope Tuch was taking notes.

The interviews he gave were great. He just looked like he can't believe he's on a winning team and the crowd support. Dreaming or kid and candy store look on his face.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
It was LOUD in there after his goal. Pretty sure he hasn't heard anything like that in a while. Great first game for him.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I liked his game last night. I didn't know much about him when I saw his name on the trade, but if game 1 is any indication, he should be a valuable addition.

Anyone have a link to the interview he gave? I missed it.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
He had a good game, but boy do I hope those stints in the top 9 are few and far between long term.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I take it he played well? :laugh:

He had a nice tip in for a goal, and happened to touch the puck in a board battle before Spurgeon hit Nino in front of the net.

He was primarily responsible for one goal against by blowing his coverage, but it's tough to blame him given that he had probably 5 minutes to learn the system.

But he had good hustle and energy. Those legs certainly never stop moving.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
He had a nice tip in for a goal, and happened to touch the puck in a board battle before Spurgeon hit Nino in front of the net.

He was primarily responsible for one goal against by blowing his coverage, but it's tough to blame him given that he had probably 5 minutes to learn the system.

Thanks. Sounds like a fine addition to the team.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Don't have a link to the video but this article covers what he said.

https://www.nhl.com/news/ryan-white-martin-hanzal-debut-for-wild/c-287200702?tid=277548856

Thanks! Loved the picture at the top of the article :laugh:

2ijnfbm.jpg

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Something tells me that he doesn't attend the ballet or go to poetry readings in his spare time.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

BB initially thought it was White's fault, but said later he was wrong, and that White was in the right place, another forward missed their assignment leading to the goal.

Lawson of Anarchy

I'm kind of embarrassed
Oct 9, 2016
London
Yotes fan. I hope he comes back to us next year - so don't embrace him!!

Here's a great article about his character. This excerpt really sums him up.

http://arizonasports.com/story/1018319/most-of-ryan-whites-contributions-arent-found-on-the-stat-sheet/

“The energy he brings night in, night out, it’s pretty contagious whether I’m alongside him on the ice or just on the bench or listening to him in the room,†Crouse said. “He’s really helped me become the player I am this year.â€

Crouse admitted it was eye-opening to hear the perspective of a guy who doesn’t expect to rise on the depth chart, but will still do the things necessary to rise on the depth chart.

“He’s explained that he’s been in this depth role his entire career. He wants me to eventually climb up, but he said ‘this is what you’re going to have to go through to get there,'†Crouse said. “That just speaks volumes about his character; the way that he accepts that role and plays to the best of his ability. Whether it’s physicality, speaking up in the room or popping the odd goal, itâ€s great to play alongside of him.â€

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
It was LOUD in there after his goal. Pretty sure he hasn't heard anything like that in a while. Great first game for him.

Very happy for him,he was a fan favorite in Montreal,but coach didn't like his game,and ever since,we tried to replace him,now we got Shaw that costs 5 times as much.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Very happy for him,he was a fan favorite in Montreal,but coach didn't like his game,and ever since,we tried to replace him,now we got Shaw that costs 5 times as much.

I say sign this guy right now to a team friendly 2-3 yr deal. He's basically ideal opposite Stewart.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yotes fan. I hope he comes back to us next year - so don't embrace him!!

Here's a great article about his character. This excerpt really sums him up.

http://arizonasports.com/story/1018319/most-of-ryan-whites-contributions-arent-found-on-the-stat-sheet/

“The energy he brings night in, night out, it’s pretty contagious whether I’m alongside him on the ice or just on the bench or listening to him in the room,†Crouse said. “He’s really helped me become the player I am this year.â€

Crouse admitted it was eye-opening to hear the perspective of a guy who doesn’t expect to rise on the depth chart, but will still do the things necessary to rise on the depth chart.

“He’s explained that he’s been in this depth role his entire career. He wants me to eventually climb up, but he said ‘this is what you’re going to have to go through to get there,'†Crouse said. “That just speaks volumes about his character; the way that he accepts that role and plays to the best of his ability. Whether it’s physicality, speaking up in the room or popping the odd goal, it’s great to play alongside of him.â€

Already speculation he's going to get a contract offer from the Wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad