Ryan Suter vs Brent Burns

Ryan Suter vs Brent Burns

• Suter

• Burns

Results are only viewable after voting.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
If I could draft one and have him for his entire career I would go with Suter, no question. Burns had a higher peak but Suter has been a minute eating top 5-15 two-way defenseman for the last 10 straight years. I'll take that over a 3-4 year peak as a top 3 offensive defenseman who isn't very good in his own zone.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
The Wookie stretches the definition of defenseman, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. I’ll vote for him, I really like his game and he makes a massive offensive impact.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
It'll be Suter.

People wonder how the Wild make the playoffs year after year, and it's largely because Suter plays half the game and defensive impact is ridiculous.

The ability to quantify defensive impact is just kind of starting to take off in any meaningful manner, once those metrics become more mainstream and refined i predict people will begin to appreciate how dominate Suter is defensively.

Reactions: sufferer

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
I think Suter was better but burns will be remembered by most as better

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think it depends on Burns' next 5 years but unless they're like his last few, gotta go with Suter.

He gets punished just like other two way guys for not being flashy enough or offensive enough.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I think it depends on Burns' next 5 years but unless they're like his last few, gotta go with Suter.

He gets punished just like other two way guys for not being flashy enough or offensive enough.
This, Suter plays half the game and has a huge impact defensive while still being very good offensively. Also, Suter has been a beast for 10 years while Burns has had a peak in his career where he was dominant while being not very good at other times. Suter has been consistently one of the best dmen in the league. My vote goes to Ryan Suter.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Regular stats, advanced stats, and my eyeballs say Burns

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Suter has been playing at a high level for almost 10 years now. Burns has like 3 seasons that are at a comparable level.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
The one with a Norris trophy.

Peak as the best defenseman in the game > decade of being a solid but unspectacular #1D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad