Player Discussion Ryan Spooner: Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Loved the move of Pasta and Spooner together in OT during the 3 on 3. I was yelling at the TV for Claude to take a risk and do it, but I was shocked when it happened. That's what those guys need. To be put in big pressure situations and given a chance to succeed or fail. TBH, I can't believe Pasta didn't convert on one of those chances. He and Spooner have incredible chemistry together, so I hope they don't blow this line up once DK is back.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Spooner vs Soda for third line center

TBH, with the way Soda has played lately, that's not even a choice. What I'd do if I were Julien when DK comes back is bump Kelly down to the 4th over Campbell, and put DK with LE and CS. Ultimately keeping the Spooner/Pasta/Looch together. I know this is a pipe dream though...

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Loved the move of Pasta and Spooner together in OT during the 3 on 3. I was yelling at the TV for Claude to take a risk and do it, but I was shocked when it happened. That's what those guys need. To be put in big pressure situations and given a chance to succeed or fail. TBH, I can't believe Pasta didn't convert on one of those chances. He and Spooner have incredible chemistry together, so I hope they don't blow this line up once DK is back.

I was at a bar playing pool and I looked up at the TV and saw that. I then proceeded to pick up my beer and look at it and say "What the hell did they put in this thing?" :laugh:

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Spooner vs Soda for third line center

Like the way you think. Bruins can't break up the kid/Lucic line. I see Soda winging it with Lou and Krej at center. We have unbelievable forward depth. 4 lines strong!:nod:

Also think it's time Morrow be called up. Give some of our D some rest.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
The best suggestion I've seen on here is Soda centering the 4th line. Serious depth. Perhaps him and Talbot will hit it off

PlaceboFan

Sep 24, 2014
Clode seems like a guy who would rather lose in the OT and go out with a bang than see a shootout happening. Wouldn't expect the kids to skate together, if it was a playoff match in OT.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I'd like to see Morrow as well but I believe he is still injured.

I agree with the general sentiment that Spooner CANNOT be sent back down or put on the wing. Put Soderberg on the wings if needed. Kelly as 4C sounds good as well.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
It's inevitable that Julien moves Spooner elsewhere once Krejci returns. Personally I'd slot Söderberg at 4C

Marchand Bergeron Smith
Eriksson Krejci Connolly
Lucic Spooner Pastrnak
Kelly Söderberg Talbot

*Paille
*Campbell

Zero chance Clode rolls with the Spooner/ Pastrnak combo come playoffs

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Milan Meatball - Spoons - Pasta

The Spaghetti-O's Line!

Love them together, but they do get hemmed in. Looch may be the worst of the bunch when it comes to clearing the D zone.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

Agree. Keep the Lucic-Spooner-Pasta line intact, put Krejci with the two Swedes and drop Kelly into Campbell spot.

We are witnessing the Spooner coming out party just like Krejci did in 07-08 when Savard got injured and the Bruins were also fighting for a playoffs spot.

And just like Krejci, Spooner will never play in the AHL again. He's here for good. Unless traded...

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
And to think this kid was being mentioned as a "throw in" in every other trade proposal leading up to the trade deadline here. I'm guilty of it myself

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
And to think this kid was being mentioned as a "throw in" in every other trade proposal leading up to the trade deadline here. I'm guilty of it myself

Same here. I think we all were. More so because a lot of us didn't see him having a future under CJ.

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
TBH, with the way Soda has played lately, that's not even a choice. What I'd do if I were Julien when DK comes back is bump Kelly down to the 4th over Campbell, and put DK with LE and CS. Ultimately keeping the Spooner/Pasta/Looch together. I know this is a pipe dream though...

Pipe dream is a severe understatement.

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
It's inevitable that Julien moves Spooner elsewhere once Krejci returns. Personally I'd slot Söderberg at 4C

Marchand Bergeron Smith
Eriksson Krejci Connolly
Lucic Spooner Pastrnak
Kelly Söderberg Talbot

*Paille
*Campbell

I put this at a -100% chance. If anything close to this happens, it's because the FO is packing serious heat on him.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'd like to see Morrow as well but I believe he is still injured.

I agree with the general sentiment that Spooner CANNOT be sent back down or put on the wing. Put Soderberg on the wings if needed. Kelly as 4C sounds good as well.

my feeling has always been the importance of Claude's centers go this way

first line center
second line center
fourth line center
third line center

agree on Morrow- he can transition and that is the big, big, BIG weakness of this team

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
It feels like this team has depth once again... Weird.

The offense, anyway.

I definitely feel a lot better about our speed and skill moving forward, seeing Spooner and Pasta out there in regular shifts.

And we haven't even seen Connolly yet.

We *have* to make room available to keep Spooner playing once Krejci is back.

And not out of position. He needs to play C.

Soda is looking much less essential now.

If only Spooner had been given an opportunity sooner; we could have sold Soda at the deadline for more draftpicks/assets.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It feels like this team has depth once again... Weird.

The offense, anyway.

this team is a Stanley Cup group at forward and goalie

defense is a problem, err, is the problem why they will fail

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
I definitely feel a lot better about our speed and skill moving forward, seeing Spooner and Pasta out there in regular shifts.

And we haven't even seen Connolly yet.

We *have* to make room available to keep Spooner playing once Krejci is back.

And not out of position. He needs to play C.

Soda is looking much less essential now.

If only Spooner had been given an opportunity sooner; we could have sold Soda at the deadline for more draftpicks/assets.

But he was, wasn't he???? :shakehead

I will admit his defensive zone/board play does seem much improved though.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

Marchand Bergeron Smith
Eriksson Krejci Connolly
Lucic Spooner Pastrnak
Kelly Söderberg Talbot

*Paille
*Campbell

I would roll with that lineup as well. The only problem is that lineup will have Krejci playing on the PK which isn't the end of the world, but is probably something Claude would rather have Campbell and Paille play in that role instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad