Ryan Smith hospitality

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
It really is honestly in a better spot for the future than an actual expansion level team would have been. Especially after teams have learned how to navigate them better post Vegas/Seattle.

You aren't going to get guys like Keller, Cooley, Hayton, Guenther, Maccelli, Geekie, Lamoureux, But, Lutz. etc. Out of an expansion draft. You'd be looking at an older team that may win a bit more in the short term and maybe hope to parlay some picks out of teams looking to protect some players but you'll also likely be close to the cap.

This team has a good young roster, some decent prospects in the cupboard and plenty of picks with lots of cap room and an owner that might want to make a splash or two in free agency this offseason. Plus a lottery ball this year which could end up being a top 3 pick depending on how things go.
No shit. We’ve watched the build for the past 5 years. It’s a turn key operation. This is 10x’s the roster than that of an expansion draft

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
People, including the NHL, were worried about Las Vegas having a team because of the nightlife. Hasn't seemed to be a problem so far. Plus, other teams love to play and visit there. SLC might not have the big time nightlife, but, I think players will enjoy the easy going lifestyle. Plus, it's only a short plane ride to L.A., Vegas, Phoenix, etc.
Hasn't been an issue in Nashville, and we have a bit of a night life.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
There’s quite a few of these guys that don’t want to do this and didn’t want this to happen and are not real thrilled going to Utah. Some didn’t really care but the consensus didn’t want to go to Utah.

Wonder if we see anyone request to be shipped out there?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
There’s quite a few of these guys that don’t want to do this and didn’t want this to happen and are not real thrilled going to Utah. Some didn’t really care but the consensus didn’t want to go to Utah.

I'm sure there might be one or two, but the majority of these guys are professionals. They'll adapt. SLC is nothing like Scottsdale but once they play games for that fan base, they'll forget about Arizona for as long as the season lasts. They can always keep their homes in AZ for the summers.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

Wonder if yesterday changed things.

Who was missing that's not in Tucson? Anyone?

Reactions: Summer Rose

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
I'm sure there might be one or two, but the majority of these guys are professionals. They'll adapt. SLC is nothing like Scottsdale but once they play games for that fan base, they'll forget about Arizona for as long as the season lasts. They can always keep their homes in AZ for the summers.
There were quite a few more than just one or two, from what I was told. But, they didn’t have a choice in the matter so they’re going to have to make do with what happens.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
There were quite a few more than just one or two, from what I was told. But, they didn’t have a choice in the matter so they’re going to have to make do with what happens.

I don't doubt that when this all went down, almost none of the roster wanted to make the move.

I also don't doubt that when Smith met with them personally and then took them golfing, those concerns evaporated for the majority of them - and after the fan event, I'm sure that even the holdouts are willing to see how it goes before asking for a trade.

Hell, if they buy houses up in Sundance, it'll make their scorpion-infested Scottsdale/Fountain Hills places look tame by comparison. :laugh:

Reactions: SR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad