Value of: Ryan Pulock

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Brodin just got 6 million over 7 years. Pulock should be worth at least as much IMO. I don't know how Islanders can keep him, Barzal and Toews. Some players must be traded or they will lose one or more to offer sheets. All would do better statistically on other teams, especially Pulock and Barzy. Going to be a real interesting off-season with so many teams in a cap crunch.

Barzal will clearly be the priority. Toews shouldn't get too much. While showing a lot of promise he's done little to this point in his career to warrant much more than like $3.5M on a short term deal. Pulock will be the big one though. If he is looking for something in the $7M range I'd probably look to deal him for a winger we can stick with Barzal. Start the Dobson era.

Overall though, yeah - Lou will have to get pretty creative this offseason. Leddy being dealt for futures seems like a given. After that he's going to need to get at least one of Ladd or Boychuk off the books. My hope is that Boych has an impressive showing the rest of the way here, proving he can at least still be a valuable defender - even if only 3rd pairing level. Two years left and I don't think the cost to bounce him will be too crazy. Then hopefully we can pay Seattle to take Ladd or Leo next year(if both are still here by then).

I'm more worried about the offseason after next year, where Sorokin, Pelech and Beauvillier are due for substantial raises.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Barzal will clearly be the priority. Toews shouldn't get too much. While showing a lot of promise he's done little to this point in his career to warrant much more than like $3.5M on a short term deal. Pulock will be the big one though. If he is looking for something in the $7M range I'd probably look to deal him for a winger we can stick with Barzal. Start the Dobson era.

Overall though, yeah - Lou will have to get pretty creative this offseason. Leddy being dealt for futures seems like a given. After that he's going to need to get at least one of Ladd or Boychuk off the books. My hope is that Boych has an impressive showing the rest of the way here, proving he can at least still be a valuable defender - even if only 3rd pairing level. Two years left and I don't think the cost to bounce him will be too crazy. Then hopefully we can pay Seattle to take Ladd or Leo next year(if both are still here by then).

I'm more worried about the offseason after next year, where Sorokin, Pelech and Beauvillier are due for substantial raises.
Incoming Johnsson for Pulock offers...

And if you trade Pulock...don't know what to tell you. Franchise Dmen don't grow on trees.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
What are the odds both Pulock and Barzal get offersheets? Similar to how San Jose got Niemi off of Chicago.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
What are the odds both Pulock and Barzal get offersheets? Similar to how San Jose got Niemi off of Chicago.
If a couple of teams want to offer 7+ for Pulock and 11+ for Barzal, go right ahead. The Isles will offload whomever while they're at a cap 10% above what they'll ultimately have before the season opener.

Though I think if someone does offer Pulock 7+ the Isles won't match.

On edit: Could someone point me to the explanation of exceeding the salary cap prior to the beginning of the regular season? Thanks.

Last edited:

Slurpeelover27

Unleash the MaKaraken!!!
Mar 7, 2018
British Columbia
If a couple of teams want to offer 7+ for Pulock and 11+ for Barzal, go right ahead. The Isles will offload whomever while they're at a cap 10% above what they'll ultimately have before the season opener.

Though I think if someone does offer Pulock 7+ the Isles won't match.

On edit: Could someone point me to the explanation of exceeding the salary cap prior to the beginning of the regular season? Thanks.
If I was GM who needed a right handed #1 dman who can man the powerplay and had the cap space then I would definitely consider the offer sheet. Lucky for the Isles that there very few teams that could even consider this option.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
If I was GM who needed a right handed #1 dman who can man the powerplay and had the cap space then I would definitely consider the offer sheet. Lucky for the Isles that there very few teams that could even consider this option.

If Leafs had their 1st I bet they would consider it. Unfortunately they can only go up to $4.363 which if anything is doing NYI a favour.

boots legrand

Jun 13, 2018
Ryan Pulock, at 25 years of age, has turned into a legit top pairing defenseman with Adam Pelech and is a pending RFA. His offensive numbers project to something like 11-29-40 over the course of an 82 game schedule and it has been pretty consistent over his first three full years in the league.

I'm thinking he'll get 5 years, $30 million for $6 million AAV. Am I in the ballpark?

boots legrand

Jun 13, 2018
Ryan Pulock, at 25 years of age, has turned into a legit top pairing defenseman with Adam Pelech and is a pending RFA. His offensive numbers project to something like 11-29-40 over the course of an 82 game schedule and it has been pretty consistent over his first three full years in the league.

I'm thinking he'll get 5 years, $30 million for $6 million AAV. Am I in the ballpark?
I'd give him 6 years at 6.5 mil. AAV . I'm a Blues fan and I would rather have him than Petro.

Reactions: Makar27

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
If I were Pulock, I'd be looking for 6.5 and if I didn't get it, I'd sign an offersheet for that much (if not more), and force the Islanders to match or lose me for a a 1st and a 3rd.

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
If Leafs had their 1st I bet they would consider it. Unfortunately they can only go up to $4.363 which if anything is doing NYI a favour.
It doesn't matter that they don't have their first cause they have next year's first which is what qualifies them to make an offer

Slurpeelover27

Unleash the MaKaraken!!!
Mar 7, 2018
British Columbia
It doesn't matter that they don't have their first cause they have next year's first which is what qualifies them to make an offer
And clear out more to increase cap space. Leafs would be a pretty good fit. I am hoping Boston loses out on OEL and Krug and send Ryan an offer sheet. His fantasy value would skyrocket! Islanders system holding him back statistically. For long term if he really wants the big bucks he is better off on another team that gives him more premium power play time. With his shot he should hit 20 goals more than once in his career. He should be the next Shea Weber IMO. Those players get paid the monster contracts.

25 years old. Still a kid even seems like he is older. He deserves at least $6 million a year long term. I don't know how the Isles can afford him after paying Barzal. Obviously Barzy is the number 1 priority and with young dmen in the system I am surmising there is a good chance Pulock will be traded or offer sheeted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad