Yzlamic Preacher*

:avs
Ryan O'Reilly
4th round pick 2013

:bolts
Teddy Purcell
Marc-André Bergeron
Tyler Johnson

We don't need a centre. And even he is playing like ****, Purcie is too valuable to our top 6.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
:avs
Ryan O'Reilly
4th round pick 2013

:bolts
Teddy Purcell
Marc-André Bergeron
Tyler Johnson

How about no? If rumors are to be believed O'Reilly wants to be paid ~$5Million a year, Purcell gets $4.5million. O'Reilly has had one good year, which didn't even eclipse Purcell's, and Purcell has chemistry with Vinny.

I also believe Johnson has a role to play on this team next year so I would like to hang onto him.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I'm honestly surprised by this thread. Compared to Purcell, O'Reilly is by far the more complete player and he's five years younger.

I'd take O'Reilly over Purcell without hesitation.

Kusic

Back-to-back Champs!
Jul 4, 2010
Karlovy Vary
twitter.com
Yes, I rather trade Bugsy instead of Edward. But Malone is on IR right now and has a limited NTC, Teddy is inconsistent, very often invisible. Sometime he is the best player on the ice, another time he is like on a public skating.

The biggest problem with ROR is money. It was just a proposal. If we get ROR, I'd be afraid of same scenario from Colorado.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Far more? Maybe.

Still not for five million on this team.

I agree that five million is steep, but there's a good chance he doesn't get that much depending on the term. Both Purcell and Malone will have a 4.5 million cap hit next season anyway, and given the amount of NHL ready forwards in our system, I'd be shocked if at least one of those two isn't dealt by that time. Malone's NTC is obviously an obstacle, but in the end of the day I doubt that acquiring O'Reilly will put us in a bad spot financially once everything shakes itself out.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I'm honestly surprised by this thread. Compared to Purcell, O'Reilly is by far the more complete player and he's five years younger.

I'd take O'Reilly over Purcell without hesitation.

5mil for a third line center? No thanks, we're short on wingers and Purcell is great.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
5mil for a third line center? No thanks, we're short on wingers and Purcell is great.

O'Reilly can play the wing and play it well. He is also a much more well-rounded player than Purcell, who is not "great".

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

O'Reilly isn't a "third-line center". He was third liner on Colorado because of the centers ahead of him, but that allowed them to roll three scoring lines. No reason we couldn't do the same, with three "pairs" of players, Marty-Stammer, Vinny-Conn, ROR-Malone, and have good puck retrievers on their wings. Or, we could move him to wing. He's an EXCELLENT defensive forward with a good amount of offensive skill. I see him as a Patrice Bergeron-type player, and I would give up Teddy for Bergeron in a second, no matter what line he plays on.

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
Purcell is overrated and very inconsistent. I think ROR would take less money if signing with the bolts, then slot him as 2nd line centre and move V4 to the wing.

WeedCrimes

#Yzerteam
Feb 19, 2012
Gainesville, FL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad