Celebrity Death: Ryan O'Neal, 82

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I think the only film of his I ever saw was Barry Lyndon, and I found his performance to be rather flat

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Never really was overly impressed with him, but was a regular all right actor in the childhood for me in Peyton Place.

My parents (who were about the same age as him), weren't too impressed with him either compared to some of the somewhat older actors like Paul Newman, Steve McQueen. Or same style a bit younger like Richard Gere.

I quess the most you can be jealous about him, is that he got to hook up with likes of Farrah Fawcett and Jacqueline Bisset.

VMBM

And it didn't even bring me down
Sep 24, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
It was well before my time, but I think he was one of the first Hollywood/American TV stars who visited Finland, back in 1970 (Peyton Place was huge here also).

I haven't seen it in ages, but I have some nice memories of Paper Moon (with his daughter Tatum of course).

Last edited:

Fripp

Sep 6, 2005
Portland, OR
Here's the hockey tie-in. His son Patrick hosts the studio segments at pre-game, post-game and between periods for the LA Kings (and Angels baseball).

• Wow
Reactions: Osprey

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Here's the hockey tie-in. His son Patrick hosts the studio segments at pre-game, post-game and between periods for the LA Kings (and Angels baseball).
Wow. I've watched him on Kings telecasts for 15-20 years and had no idea that he was Ryan O'Neal's son. I heard them say during the game last night that Patrick was taking time off because his dad died and, even then, I didn't make the connection.

Reactions: Fripp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad