Proposal: Ryan O"Reilly

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Was interested to hear that Sabres are taking calls on anyone not named Eichel and my thoughts went right to how good O'Reilly would look in a Jets sweater.

I know we have Little, but I think most would agree that we would be a far deeper team at centre if we had O'Reilly, who I feel is a considerable upgrade over Little. Would be interested to see what it would take to land him... I'm sure it would require Little going the other way, minimum.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Don't we have a thread for this sort of thing already?

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
They would want Trouba or Morriesy, so there is no way we can land him.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I think Reinhart would be interesting if we didn't have to give up a lot off of the roster and just sent back pick(s) and/or prospect(s) with Copp or someone.
Scandella would be okay for the right price.
Lehner hasn't been good this year and we have lots of goalies but I like him.

No way Little is going anywhere.

ESW
KC Little Laine
MP Reinhart Armia
Lemieux Lowry Tanev

Reactions: GaryPoppins

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Little has spent years being far better than an average 2C.

Little wants to be here.

By percentage of salary cap hit, Little took a paycut from his already excellent salary.

If Little drinks and drives--there's no evidence that he does--he's not driving his prized classics into Tim Horton's like an asshole.

O'Reilly is paid too much to be a 2C.

Little's contract is far too much of a gift to try to 'upgrade' to O'Reilly's contract.

Reactions: libertarian

AnonoJet

Jul 22, 2013
I want to see us resolve the Trouba situation, one way or the other, before we make any big moves. Can’t see it being smart cap mgt, if we add a high priced forward. We could soon have a glaring need on defense.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Little has spent years being far better than an average 2C.

Little wants to be here.

By percentage of salary cap hit, Little took a paycut from his already excellent salary.

If Little drinks and drives--there's no evidence that he does--he's not driving his prized classics into Tim Horton's like an *******.

O'Reilly is paid too much to be a 2C.

Little's contract is far too much of a gift to try to 'upgrade' to O'Reilly's contract.
if little drove a car into a Tim Hortons, he would be better known in league and probably have gotten a bigger contract. Best thing he could have done for his contract was a bit of self marketing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad