Ryan Nugent Hopkins vs Elias Lindholm

Who is the better player?

• RNH

• Elias Lindholm

Results are only viewable after voting.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Two Alberta 2-way forwards having career years this year, who do you think is better? I think its close. I would probably give the defensive edge to Lindholm. Offensively i guess depends if you think Lindholm can repeat this year again.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
need to see Lindholm do this for a while before I believe it, also riding some pretty big shooting and OIsh%'s that RNH isn't. My vote switches if the contracts are considered I guess

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Nuge, but both are really good two way players.

Should be a close vote, I really like Lindholm’s skill set.

Good poll OP.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
RNH, Lindholm’s riding shotgun to Gaudreau and Monahan.

I really don't get this when people say this about any team(people that say this most likely don't watch the team play). If players are putting up a lot of points on a line, that mean they have good chemistry(this may or may not work.) If you have ever watched a Flames game you know that Lindholm, is a big reason to why that line is doing good.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Lindholm has 7 more goals and 12 more points than RNH while being much, much, muuuuch better in every analytical metric possible.

Although it's unlikely Lindholm keeps up such a huge offensive edge on RNH, he's still quite better offensively while having far better metrics and being better defensively.

Lindholm all day.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Lindholm has 7 more goals and 12 more points than RNH while being much, much, muuuuch better in every analytical metric possible.

Although it's unlikely Lindholm keeps up such a huge offensive edge on RNH, he's still quite better offensively while having far better metrics and being better defensively.

Lindholm all day.

Except he's never shown that to be the case in any previous season.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Does this mean Drai is no good because of mcdavid also?

I don't see in that post anything about Lindholm not being good. The overreaction to people putting linemates in context is ridiculous. Draisaitl is a really good player, but he also regularly gets rated lower than his point totals would normally suggest because of McDavid. It's the same with Lindholm. Really good player. Big part of that line. But that line also is on a crazy hot stretch where everyone is benefitting from one another.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I don't see in that post anything about Lindholm not being good. The overreaction to people putting linemates in context is ridiculous. Draisaitl is a really good player, but he also regularly gets rated lower than his point totals would normally suggest because of McDavid. It's the same with Lindholm. Really good player. Big part of that line. But that line also is on a crazy hot stretch where everyone is benefitting from one another.
It certainly implies Lindholm is inferior because he benefits from gaudeau and monahan

Maybe my English is bad and I read it wrong but I doubt it

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
In a vacuum I would take RNH, as his scoring is more proven, and he's proven he can be a regular centerman. He's played a good chunk of time with McDavid this year, but generally plays with scraps without him, while Lindholm plays with Gaudreau and Monahan the vast majority of the time. I don't know if generally it's a massive linemate difference, but it's pretty clear the Calgary top line has been running hot at an unsustainable rate, and fans are getting a little ahead of themselves. Lindholm isn't going to continue on this pace (nor is the rest of the line), as his individual and on-ice shooting percentages are both off the charts. Normalizing those puts him back around RNH's point totals, who has largely sustainable underlying numbers. I would call them pretty even offensively should Lindholm be able to keep playing like he has (but at sustainable rates), but until he's shown it for longer, I would still give the edge to RNH. Defensively and in possession I think Lindholm is better though, so if he can maintain his offensive play (again, the sustainable version) I would put him ahead. Not yet though.

For the Canucks though, I would take Lindholm, because I like him as a winger more and I think he would be a great complement to either Pettersson or Horvat.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Except he's never shown that to be the case in any previous season.

It was widely agreed upon throughout the analytics world that Lindholm would "pop" in Calgary due to his consistent horrible oiSH% in Carolina and that's exactly what he's done although it most likely will lower quite a but as time goes on.

Even then, RNH's career high in points is 56 vs Lindholm's 45 (prior to this season) so it wouldn't be at all surprising for Lindholm to continue to be the better offensive player from this point on

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
It was widely agreed upon throughout the analytics world that Lindholm would "pop" in Calgary due to his consistent horrible oiSH% in Carolina and that's exactly what he's done although it most likely will lower quite a but as time goes on.

Even then, RNH's career high in points is 56 vs Lindholm's 45 (prior to this season) so it wouldn't be at all surprising for Lindholm to continue to be the better offensive player from this point on

It wouldn't be surprising, but I wouldn't expect him to be ahead by much if he is. RNH's career high is also a bit misleading due to injuries and this year not being over yet. He has 87 points in 106 games the past two seasons, which is a 67 point pace.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
It wouldn't be surprising, but I wouldn't expect him to be ahead by much if he is. RNH's career high is also a bit misleading due to injuries and this year not being over yet. He has 87 points in 106 games the past two seasons, which is a 67 point pace.

Yea, for sure.

I'm not saying I expect Lindholm to blow RNH out of the water offensively from now on. I wouldn't be surprised if their offense ends up being close to a wash most years.

Just that Lindholm has had a very impressive start to his Flames career albeit with some pretty good puck luck so far.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
As a Carolina and Edmonton fan, definitely Nuge.

Lindholm has 2 elite line mates, and this is the very first non mediocre season of his career.

RNH either plays wing (not his position) with McDavid and a bum, or he gets 2 bums as his wingers when he is 2C the majority time. Despite this is he still has had a very nice offensive season, and takes tough defensive assignments.

But I think both fly under the radar on these boards. Lindholm was an excellent pickup for Calgary

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00