OT: Ryan Nugent HOpkins gets new contract 42 Mill/7 years

Hyphenated names are ridiculous, especially in hockey play-by-play.
His dad's last name is Hopkins.
Henceforce, he's Ryan Hopkins to me.

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins?
Give me a break.

Seriously.. what kind of new age parent(s) does he have? His full name is Ryan Jarromie Noel Nugent-Hopkins.

Nugent-Hopkins' parents are Roger Hopkins and Deb Nugent. If these two are still married, Deb is a serious ballbuster and Rog is a major puss. I'd disown my child if it had a hyphenated last name. Even if my wife left me for the pool man.

I bet the Nuge has a peanut allergy and played in many AYSO soccer games where they didn't keep score when he was a kid. What a puss!

Thrice

To Be Everywhere...
Sep 27, 2007
If Dubnyk isn't the real deal they can sign all the forwards they want, you win in the NHL with good goaltending.

Yup. And the blue line has some nice prospects but very few NHL quality players.

On top of that, what about the defensive play from their forwards? Eberle, Yakupov, Hall, Gagner. Their top 6 is filled with under-sized(except for Hall) average to below-average defensive players. Nugent-Hopkins is their best defensive forward but he's also a weak 185 lbs.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Hyphenated names are ridiculous, especially in hockey play-by-play.
His dad's last name is Hopkins.
Henceforce, he's Ryan Hopkins to me.

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins?
Give me a break.

I guess what he wants doesn't matter then huh?

What's ridiculous is wasting time complaining how someone elses last name (or any name) looks. He wants to be called Nugent-Hopkins, which he does since he's old enough to change it on his own, then so be it. Who really gives a crap.

NHLFanSince2020

What'd He Say?
Feb 22, 2003
Visit site
I guess what he wants doesn't matter then huh?

What's ridiculous is wasting time complaining how someone elses last name (or any name) looks. He wants to be called Nugent-Hopkins, which he does since he's old enough to change it on his own, then so be it. Who really gives a crap.

I mock thine post with great exuberance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad