Ryan Mior - PEI Rocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

habbyfan60

Mar 23, 2005
This question is mainly for the hockey future staff who have had an opportunity to watch Mior play and subsequently spoke to various scouts from the pro ranks.

Will Mior get drafted this year and if so, where and what round.

Any opinions would be appreciated since we're big fans of his both in Newfoundland and PEI.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=7579

31. Ryan Mior, G – PEI Rocket

6’1, 180 lbs.

Unlike Pelletier, Mior’s stock has fallen in the eyes of many scouts down the stretch this season. After inheriting the starting job in PEI following the trade of Jonathan Boutin, Mior initially played well. However, as the season wound down, Mior became increasingly prone to give up a weak goal or make a poor decision that resulted in a goal. Mior is a good athlete with a very quick glove. He is not afraid to leave his crease and is a competent puck handler. He needs to work on his lateral movement and his rebound control. Although he often appears to be attempting to direct the puck to a corner, rebounds often bounce straight back from the angle they came. Mior does have desirable intangibles, as he is a mature and humble prospect.

Projection: Back-up goalie; seventh to ninth round pick.

Courtesy: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=7717

habbyfan60

Mar 23, 2005
Thanks Matt. I read this before but, was just wondering if there were actually any new developments or if you've haerd anything else on Mior.

I think I've posted this before but, man did he ever take a fall. I haerd this kid was in the top 3 or 4 goaltending prospects in the world going into the 2004-2005 season. He seemed to be in the media quite often at one time and now he's a forgotten player. I hope he comes back big time this year and proves people wrong. I understand he's spending the Summer in Ottawa training.

Anyway, any new deveelopments would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad