Confirmed with Link: Ryan Miller to retire after this season

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
2nd best goalie in Sabres history. After watching the shit show of goaltending we had after he left I really didn't appreciate how good he actually was.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Anyone left in the league from that 05-06 squad?

Also, watched Miller in Rochester during the NHL lockout. He was signing autographs afte a game. I handed him my Amerks jersey, asked him to sign the star patch on the shoulder, and told him 'Because youre a star in our hearts'. He told me to leave the sweet talk for the ladies. I was a youngster; only 15. Good advice from a great goalie!

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Will always love him. It's a shame he couldn't have been a career Sabre, but I get it.

I do hope he signs a 1-day contract and retires as a Sabre.

I hope this, and that they spell his name correctly on the 1 day contract.

<3

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Love him, always will. Great team, great times, he was the guy.

No need to retire his number though. I'm bullish on that (should only be Perreault and Hasek).

Reactions: JLewyB

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
Would the Sabres flirt with the idea of retiring his Jersey? Curious what you fans are thinking regarding that thought

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
He had a great career and seems to be a great person. Don't know if his number belongs in the rafters, but I do miss having anyone decent between the pipes since he left.

P.S. Remember those days when we always seemed to have two great goalies while most other teams couldn't even find one? I guess we're making up for it now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad