Confirmed with Link: Ryan Mcleod Re-Signed $2.1 million AAV x 2 Years, Avoids Arbitration Hearing

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Terrible deal, yikes
For 2 years? I figured 1.75 was fair for 1 year but giving us 2 years raises the cap hit

Plus avoiding arbitration has value. It damages relationships

Personally I like that Holland isn't getting timid about gambling on youth. The Yamamoto deal hurt us but it was good to take the chance.

Making it 2 years helps cover the team next year during Brown's cap overage.

We will see what Bouchard's situation plays out like. If messing around with McLeod damages that then that's bad and not worth McLeod.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Terrible deal, yikes
Not really, he's developing into a very good 3C

Another Holland failure. Even if it is 500K over two seasons too much that's not a good contract. Congratulations to the 28 voters in the McLeod thread.
Amazingly dumb thing to read.
-----------------------------------------------------------

I bit high, but I'm glad he got locked up. I expect him to have a good season

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I would have rather packaged McLeod with Yamo instead of Kostin if Holland was gonna give him this deal... will never understand the hype with this guy

Holy crap! People! Slow yourselves down on Kostin. The guy had 3 more goals than McLeod. 3 goals. Three. He didn’t penalty kill or play good defensively. All he had more McLeod is a better shooting percentage and was physical. McLeod had a great playoff, played on the PK, is becoming a good face off man, has untapped offensive potential and skates very fast. He’s a two way guy.

My god this fetish with Kostin is ridiculous

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
And officially from the team

Wow, pre-arbitration settlement at $2.1 million. Oil must have really thought this guy was gonna get paid. Good player, manageable dollars but he is going to have to step up his game to play hard in all areas. A team that wants to win now is relying on a big step to lock down the critical 3C responsibilities.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Is 3.4 enough for Bouchard or are we gonna be locked in to a 21 man roster this year?

Reactions: McDoused

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I would have rather packaged McLeod with Yamo instead of Kostin if Holland was gonna give him this deal... will never understand the hype with this guy

My God slow your roll with Kostin wow. Unbelievable. McLeod had 3 less goals. 3. Three. He also penalty killed, played two way hockey, was good in the playoffs and is getting better at faceoffs. McLeod is a good playmaker skates very fast and has untapped offensive potential.

The fetish for Kostin is crazy. He didn’t play good defensive hockey. He was only physical and had a high shooting percentage

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
I think mcloed would of got more thru arbitration seeing some of the Numbers. So Holland saved probably 500k a year with that deal IMO

Reactions: capazzo

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Wow, pre-arbitration settlement at $2.1 million. Oil must have thought this guy was gonna get paid. Good player, manageable dollars but he is going to have to step up his game to play hard in all areas. A team that wants to win now is relying on a big step to lock down the critical 3C responsibilities.
He's going to have to learn the center ice position. It's never too late.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Not really, he's developing into a very good 3C

Amazingly dumb thing to read.
-----------------------------------------------------------

I bit high, but I'm glad he got locked up. I expect him to have a good season

For Broberg Speed, that is a fair thing for him to write if he doesn't like the player. If McLeod is the wrong guy, then no cap hit is low enough. He's allowed to have an opinion on the player, although I disagree with it

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Wow, pre-arbitration settlement at $2.1 million. Oil must have really thought this guy was gonna get paid. Good player, manageable dollars but he is going to have to step up his game to play hard in all areas. A team that wants to win now is relying on a big step to lock down the critical 3C responsibilities.

Even if they didn't, you want to avoid arbitration at all costs as players don't generally stick around after the process.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad