Recalled/Assigned: Ryan McLeod Loaned to EV Zug (Swiss NL) to Begin 20-21 Season

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Does anyone know if other teams are doing this with their prospects as well?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Most top Swedish teams are holding spots (1 or 2) open for players under NHL contracts for this coming year. There are a few teams in discussion with junior players (mostly from the Swiss league) to play in Europe this fall.

Right now I am holed up in Sweden dealing with "things" about lower level leagues here in Europe. Here in Europe (FYI Russia is not considered Europe when it comes to Hockey)--September 15th is looming large. If some leagues can not play in front of fans, they will not operate and will call it a day. If the British Elite league is any example, most of the lower leagues will call it a day. The conversation I am having with leagues is that they are holding out hope to start to play in the first week in Jan 2021 before 75% occupancy. If they can not, they can not do the season.

As the lower leagues either cancel or postpone their seasons, there will be calls on countries to limit non-european players on teams. Maybe 1 or 2 with no thing like the "flexi-rule". My mother was born in the UK so I got a UK passport when I was 10 and this flexi-rule has allowed imports to use that right to get a passport of other countries and play as non-imports. If the lower leagues do not play and home grown players lose jobs to players born in Canada/US with either parents or grandparents born in that country, there will be outcry from players born in that country.

All because a player is loaned somewhere does not mean that they will play the full year with that team.

I am not sold on the NHL playing this fall let alone the AHL

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
BTW

I was told that if I wanted to be back in England in October, I may have to head back there within the next 2 week or so. Sounding like there is a 2nd lockdown heading the UK way

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Good. I'm glad to see Holland keeps finding proper teams over here in Europe for our young prospects. EV Zug is a solid team, i'm confident he'll benefit from this experience.

Reactions: joestevens29

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Bouchard should be the next to go over, I’d prefer the KHL or SHL for Bouchard.

He might be a bit late for the KHL but I bet there’s a lot of teams that would be lining up for Bouchard. Maybe even Skelleftea with Broberg? Looks like Berglund was loaned to another SHL team and won’t be with Skelleftea this year.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017

He might be a bit late for the KHL but I bet there’s a lot of teams that would be lining up for Bouchard. Maybe even Skelleftea with Broberg? Looks like Berglund was loaned to another SHL team and won’t be with Skelleftea this year.
I think the plan for him next year is the NHL. At least, I think it should be.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas

The devils have already loaned Nick Merkley, yegor Sharangovich, Marian Studenic. Jack Drury went to the shl from college for Carolina. Seems to be fairly common right now

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay

If Bouchard signed in the KHL he wouldn’t be able to come back whenever the year gets started next season. For guys like Bouchard who are close to making the jump it’s best to get them into leagues with NHL out clauses.

Also I think Bouchard is on the Oilers roster next season.

Reactions: Aerchon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad