Confirmed with Link: Ryan Malone retires

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 9m9 minutes ago
Ryan Malone is on unconditional ($125) waivers, which if he clears (and he no doubt will) allows for mutual termination of his contract.

Dropping like flies...

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 37s37 seconds ago
Malone, who'd been playing in Hartford (AHL), told NYR yesterday he wanted to pack it in. So NYR put him on unconditional waivers today.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Mutual termination meaning either side can walk away without consequence?

meaning that they'll make the contract not exist anymore. So no cap hit for the team and the player is free.

Brodeur actually signing retirement papers is the odd one.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I think this deserves its own thread.

The New York Rangers placed veteran forward Ryan Malone on unconditional waivers on Tuesday, with plans to mutually terminate his contract if he clears.

According to TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie, Malone, who had been playing for the Hartford Wolfpack of the AHL, told the Rangers on Monday that he wanted to pack it in. The Rangers granted the request and placed him on waivers.
http://www.tsn.ca/rangers-place-f-malone-on-waivers-with-plans-to-terminate-contract-1.198647

Bugsy was one of my favorite Lightning players. Too bad it had to end like this. Happy retirement!

Callum

Jun 8, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Easily one of my favorites while playing for the Lightning. Had a couple of great seasons for us. Get healthy and enjoy your new life outside of hockey.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Never Forget.

attachment.php

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Bugsy was a favourite, was sad to see him decline like he did but best luck in the future :handclap:

He seemed to be a popular guy in the locker room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad