Proposal: Ryan Leonard to Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
There seem to be some concerns about Leonard committing to at least another year to BC. Last year, Philly offered Cutter Gauthier (same concerns) to Montreal for the #5 overall but it was turned down.

Hypothetical scenario: Leonard expressed the same concerns with Washington than Gauthier did with Philly and is unsure whether he wants to play there or not. IF the concerns are warranted, would a swap for our 2024 #5 overall be interesting for Washington?

I think Montreal would love to draft a RW but this draft is thin at wings and Washington could get a potential top pairing D with this pick.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
There seem to be some concerns about Leonard committing to at least another year to BC. Last year, Philly offered Cutter Gauthier (same concerns) to Montreal for the #5 overall but it was turned down.

Hypothetical scenario: Leonard expressed the same concerns with Washington than Gauthier did with Philly and is unsure whether he wants to play there or not. IF the concerns are warranted, would a swap for our 2024 #5 overall be interesting for Washington?

I think Montreal would love to draft a RW but this draft is thin at wings and Washington could get a potential top pairing D with this pick.

No thanks.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Don’t see any concern from Washington about Leonard signing at all.
No one knew anything about Philly and Cutter last off season either, not saying that there's an issue BTW but if there is it's no certainty that it gets reported

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Habs don't do it.
Habs will pick BPA. So moat likely a D.

Habs can trade skme of their D surplus (Struble - Harris - Barron, etc) + WIN pick for another top15 pick or for a 21-24 yo F like Dach or Newhook

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Leonard is awesome, would love for anahiem to get him but he’ll cost a ton I’m a trade

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Habs don't do it.

Habs can trade skme of their D surplus (Struble - Harris - Barron, etc) + WIN pick for another top15 pick or for a 21-24 yo F like Dach or Newhook
A lot of people will be very disappointed if Montreal ended up drafting another D. Myself included.
Leonard is awesome, would love for anahiem to get him but he’ll cost a ton I’m a trade
Most likely will cost an arm and a leg, yes. What do you think Anaheim go for in this draft? RHD or forward?

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Ryan Leonard will get every opportunity to play in Washington when he decides he wants to play in Washington. I don't see this being an issue and I don't see Washington making some panic move right now. His buddies are at BC. All 3 of them are just enjoying playing together. That time will eventually come to an end. There's no panic needed.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015

If the Habs trade 5OA for Ryan Leonard I will become a Utah fan. I'd rather them trade it for Zegras and even that is a dumb idea

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Habs don't do it.

Habs can trade one of their D surplus (Struble - Harris - Barron, etc) + WIN pick for another top15 pick or for a 21-24 yo F like Dach or Newhook
They don’t move the needle to move from 27-32 to 13-16. LD are dime a dozen. Dach; newhook aren’t needle movers.

Reactions: UnSandvich

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
A lot of people will be very disappointed if Montreal ended up drafting another D. Myself included.

If Habs get Levshunov or Parekh @ 5 and Lindstrom/Demidov are both gone it's a no brainer. You just trade a bunch of other D and move your WPG pick up to 10-14 and draft someone who slips (Catton/Eiserman)

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
If the Habs trade 5OA for Ryan Leonard I will become a Utah fan. I'd rather them trade it for Zegras and even that is a dumb idea
I would be very pleased if whoever we draft at 5 have a D+1 season like Leonard just had. Plus, he play a position of need for Montreal (RW). The fit would be perfect.
They don’t move the needle to move from 27-32 to 13-16. LD are dime a dozen. Dach; newhook aren’t needle movers.
You’re wrong on Dach.
If Habs get Levshunov or Parekh @ 5 and Lindstrom/Demidov are both gone it's a no brainer. You just trade a bunch of other D and move your WPG pick up to 10-14 and draft someone who slips (Catton/Eiserman)
Easier said than done.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

BillR10

Nov 16, 2008
He will remain in Washington but If youre looking at the talent comparison, if Leonard was in this years draft he would probably go #3 overall.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I would be very pleased if whoever we draft at 5 have a D+1 season like Leonard just had. Plus, he play a position of need for Montreal (RW). The fit would be perfect.

You’re wrong on Dach.

Easier said than done.
Dach is 2 yrs from UFA, arb eligible with 1 yr summer 2025.

No moving a pick around 15 for him. Those years of ELC are very valuable in thr crap world

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Dach is 2 yrs from UFA, arb eligible with 1 yr summer 2025.

No moving a pick around 15 for him. Those years of ELC are very valuable in thr crap world
I don’t think Montreal has any interest in moving Dach anyway. He was on par with Suzuki in the last ~25 games stretch last year (and sometimes even much better) and he was, by far, our most dangerous forward during training camp and first game of the season. It’s unfortunate he didn’t get to show it more before being injured

Reactions: Prairie Habs

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Most likely will cost an arm and a leg, yes. What do you think Anaheim go for in this draft? RHD or forward?
Tough to say…. I’m almost inclined to trade down to 5-8 range if we get 3rd and levshunov is off the board. Defense specifically right handed is the biggest need.

I like buium/yakemchuk…. But don’t exactly like either at 3.

I imagine teams in the 5-10 range would love to move up to have a shot at Demidov or lindstrom…. Add an asset or 2 and still come out with 1 of buium or yakemchuk.

Then in theory use that extra asset to try to move up the oilers pick

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

I would keep Habs pick. Franchise defenseman could be available or #1 center. Offer Guhle or Wifi instead. If we can sign Leonard. Kind of a trade and sign deal.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Nobody is concerned about Leonard going back to BC to dominate and get his championship. Who is concerned besides fans of other teams who want to fantasize that he's even remotely available?

Reactions: GAGLine

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Nobody is concerned about Leonard going back to BC to dominate and get his championship. Who is concerned besides fans of other teams who want to fantasize that he's even remotely available?
No one is concerned. This is a hypothetical scenario on a fans forum. Its trade & rumors section is meant to discuss hypothetical scenarios. You know you don’t have to waste your time commenting on a thread if you don’t feel like it.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
No one is concerned. This is a hypothetical scenario on a fans forum. Its trade & rumors section is meant to discuss hypothetical scenarios. You know you don’t have to waste your time commenting on a thread if you don’t feel like it.

Ya people take the trade forums too seriously…. I’ve always looked at it as hypothetical what if and what would be a fair value from both teams perspective

Even tho most duck fans hate when I do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad