Rumor: Ryan Kesler part IV (End of an era?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
@Hope_Smoke: John Shannon just said on FAN 590 that Anaheim and Vancouver had an agreed upon deal for Kesler at the deadline and Kesler's family nixed it

I am currently listening to hockey central, not sure if he meant Kesler's family, may have be the Aqualini family.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
@Hope_Smoke: John Shannon just said on FAN 590 that Anaheim and Vancouver had an agreed upon deal for Kesler at the deadline and Kesler's family nixed it

Gonna take this with a grain of salt, Shannon seems pretty hit and miss. I feel like a lot of the Sportsnet guys are like this since they feel the need to keep up with the TSN guys.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
I am currently listening to hockey central, not sure if he meant Kesler's family, may have be the Aqualini family.

I heard something similar. My wife was at a charity event and shared a table with an Aquilini family member who said that the brothers "delayed" the deal until after the season.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I heard something similar. My wife was at a charity event and shared a table with an Aquilini family member who said that the brothers "delayed" the deal until after the season.

do you think benning would take the same deal that gillis would take?

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
John Shannon is an idiot. I wouldn't trust him unless he is saying something already confirmed. This is a guy who said during the lockout a luongo to Toronto deal was already a done deal and they just had to wait for the lockout to end

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
John Shannon is an idiot. I wouldn't trust him unless he is saying something already confirmed. This is a guy who said during the lockout a luongo to Toronto deal was already a done deal and they just had to wait for the lockout to end

Well, it very well could have been done. Burke was fired right after the lockout, so ownership may have nixed it.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
do you think benning would take the same deal that gillis would take?

If Bob Murray is to be believed, he said he had made a very generous offer for an "unnamed" forward, but would likely not make the same offer now.

If Gillis was offered Etem, Ottawa's pick and another asset, I don't think the same offer will be on the table.

Horrorshow

Jun 1, 2009

Weren't there multiple reports a Luongo deal was in place and the other team got wet feet once the lock out occurred/ended?

damack

Jan 3, 2014

You have to think they knew they were going to axe Gillis and didn't want him making any more high level deals.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Mackenzie tweeted Garrison may be moved to Tampa or Montreal

Whoa... Did not see that coming... I feel bad for Garrison.. He took less money to come to Van and now were shipping him out.. I don't particularly feel he's a great Player but I just feel bad for him he seems like a really cool dude

particularsolution

Mar 17, 2009
From Farhan:

Very real possibility of Garrison to Tampa and Kesler to Anahiem happen today. #canucks

Hard to know if he has any legit sources or if he's just hedging his bets and piggybacking on Bob Mckenzie's rumor.

Horrorshow

Jun 1, 2009
If Bob Murray is to be believed, he said he had made a very generous offer for an "unnamed" forward, but would likely not make the same offer now.

If Gillis was offered Etem, Ottawa's pick and another asset, I don't think the same offer will be on the table.

If the deal has changed to Etem, 24th, and another asset (hopefully Theodore… if we're LUCKY Vatanen) then I still make that deal.

I though the deadline deal was mostly picks based? Wasn't it OTT and ANA '14, and ANA '15? Thats good value, but a hard sell to aqua man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce