Ryan Johansen Watch IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
I don't care. I really don't care anymore. Joey is not a Jacket, and only when/if he becomes one will I care again.

My focus is on the boys in Union Blue. Lots of excitement and drama this preseason with a crop of talented prospects all vying for a spot on the big boys club. That's my focus

Screw Joey.

IHeartZherdev*

I don't care. I really don't care anymore. Joey is not a Jacket, and only when/if he becomes one will I care again.

My focus is on the boys in Union Blue. Lots of excitement and drama this preseason with a crop of talented prospects all vying for a spot on the big boys club. That's my focus

Screw Joey.

Yes, screw our best offensive player who helped give this team and city it's best season ever.

KanetoToews2883

Sep 14, 2011
I wonder if the reported HRR increases to the cap are part of the weirdnesses that are holding this up. Kane and Toews just got 10, I forget if it's 1 or 2 years ago but Perry + Getz got 8.5.

Johanson might be seeing all of this thinking to himself, I know that I'm a RFA but the cap's going to get sky high and make previous comparables uncomparable. Even so, 6.5 is too high.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Yes, screw our best offensive player who helped give this team and city it's best season ever.

Haha, and your passion and arguments are making a difference? I am just adult enough to know that this discussion is without merit at this time. Turning my energy to the team, the ones who are here.

Ya, screw Joey. He's not "our" anything at this point, as a matter of fact.

Apr 9, 2009
USA

He's screwing the team, so..

Are you related to Johansen or something? You come off very sour and entitled every time I'm in here and you have really never given a good argument for why he should get paid like a UFA despite him being a RFA. I'm annoyed and I barely post here. Like this post I quoted for example, it's so condescending and you have no idea how to even look at the other side of the argument, which has a lot more support than the one you're so valiantly defending (for some wild, abstract reason).

Just curious, really. Hope this gets figured out soon, CBJ fans.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC

Not only is he not our best offensive player.....he's not on the team

Battle on without him

Start overpaying players for 1 good season after 2 bad ones is a sure way to run any organization into the ground

Do I wish he were part of the team, surely we all do

but he's Not, so on we go without him.

*****This is my LAST post about RJ until he is signed, if that ever happens. My only posts from now on are regarding players on the team

#BattleON

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
He's screwing the team, so..

Are you related to Johansen or something? You come off very sour and entitled every time I'm in here and you have really never given a good argument for why he should get paid like a UFA despite him being a RFA. I'm annoyed and I barely post here. Like this post I quoted for example, it's so condescending and you have no idea how to even look at the other side of the argument, which has a lot more support than the one you're so valiantly defending (for some wild, abstract reason).

Just curious, really. Hope this gets figured out soon, CBJ fans.

We all realize this. Why people keep debating with him is beyond me. All one has to do is look at his username and avatar to know that he's not the most knowledgeable CBJ fan on these boards. It would be like a Browns fan using an "IHeartModell" username and arguing for why the team should have never traded Trent Richardson, because he was "the team"...

Eventually, Johansen will sign, and for far less than IHZ is claiming he's worth. Then, the debate will turn to how the team has "screwed Johansen", you know, by taking him earlier than anyone else expected him to go at the draft, developing him properly into an NHL player, and then signing him for a reasonable amount after one good season.

Any the cycle will continue.

IHeartZherdev*

We all realize this. Why people keep debating with him is beyond me. All one has to do is look at his username and avatar to know that he's not the most knowledgeable CBJ fan on these boards. It would be like a Browns fan using an "IHeartModell" username and arguing for why the team should have never traded Trent Richardson, because he was "the team"...

Eventually, Johansen will sign, and for far less than IHZ is claiming he's worth. Then, the debate will turn to how the team has "screwed Johansen", you know, by taking him earlier than anyone else expected him to go at the draft, developing him properly into an NHL player, and then signing him for a reasonable amount after one good season.

Any the cycle will continue.

I've made plenty of valid points, backed up by examples and statistics. Far less than what IHZ is claiming? What am I claiming that is so crazy? Guess it's easy to make fun of people's usernames than attempt to respond to actual discussion points.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Not only is he not our best offensive player.....he's not on the team

Battle on without him

Start overpaying players for 1 good season after 2 bad ones is a sure way to run any organization into the ground

Do I wish he were part of the team, surely we all do

but he's Not, so on we go without him.

*****This is my LAST post about RJ until he is signed, if that ever happens. My only posts from now on are regarding players on the team

#BattleON

Look at the Reds. Signed a bunch of players for way more than they should have and now they are in big trouble over the next 4 plus years. Also, they are in trouble by paying Bailey the amount they did even though his numbers were worse than other pitchers who will need new contracts soon. They will be able to point to his contract and say my numbers are better, so I want more.

IHeartZherdev*

Look at the Reds. Signed a bunch of players for way more than they should have and now they are in big trouble over the next 4 plus years. Also, they are in trouble by paying Bailey the amount they did even though his numbers were worse than other pitchers who will need new contracts soon. They will be able to point to his contract and say my numbers are better, so I want more.

Johansen is looking at a 2 year term. So your argument is completely invalid as usual. If he massively regresses over the next 2 years, then he doens't get a huge payday. So even in a worst case scenario, financially, the Jackets wouldn't be in "big trouble"

If he got 2 years, $10, that's still well below first line center money and plenty of room for a raise if he produces.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
You have not made a single gawd darn point. Bluster, that is all you have.He is our "best offensive player". But when it comes to addressing hard numbers under the cap system and his RFA status, you run and hide. You have had the absurd notion that we should pay this guy over $ 6million in a bridge deal. NO OTHER RATIONAL PERSON ON EARTH THINKS THAT. Don't you get it? He is an RFA. RFA's get underpaid under the CBA. That is the way it works. Care to address reality rather than your condescending commentaries from the Planet Twilo which ignore how life on Earth works?

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Johansen is looking at a 2 year term. So your argument is completely invalid as usual. If he massively regresses over the next 2 years, then he doens't get a huge payday. So even in a worst case scenario, financially, the Jackets wouldn't be in "big trouble"

If he got 2 years, $10, that's still well below first line center money and plenty of room for a raise if he produces.

You have zero knowledge of the CBA or of common sense.

Let's say Johansen signs a two-year deal for $10 mil total, and to make it nice and easy math we'll split it evenly. His qualifying offer at the end of those two years would be $5 million, and it would be immediately accepted, meaning he'd still be getting a huge payday for diminishing returns (ergo "big trouble").

The only way to get around that is if he completely bombs out the next two years to the point where his chances of receiving either a QO or a contract at all would be minimal. But even then, a 24-year-old with a recent excellent season would still be a commodity, and someone would take a chance on him. So there's no way he'd sign for less, knowing that offers would still flow if the team didn't qualify him and allowed him to become a UFA.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Don't you get it? Joey is NOT a BlueJacket anymore. His locker is empty. He is barred from the the dressing room. By contrast, JD and JK ARE the BlueJackets. Any time you want to become a BlueJackets fan again is probably fine with the rest of the board. But right now you are a personal troll for a guy who refused to join his team because of his own ego and personal greed.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

Let's say Johansen signs a two-year deal for $10 mil total, and to make it nice and easy math we'll split it evenly. His qualifying offer at the end of those two years would be $5 million, and it would be immediately accepted, meaning he'd still be getting a huge payday for diminishing returns (ergo "big trouble").

The only way to get around that is if he completely bombs out the next two years to the point where his chances of receiving either a QO or a contract at all would be minimal. But even then, a 24-year-old with a recent excellent season would still be a commodity, and someone would take a chance on him. So there's no way he'd sign for less, knowing that offers would still flow if the team didn't qualify him and allowed him to become a UFA.

Yep. Sign him for $5 million per year and that is the minimum you will be paying him on his next contract. Not to mention my actual point which was you would then potentially have to have to pay all other good young players $5 million per year.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

You just dismiss bridge deal contracts and what the market is for those players. It's more than 3 to be sure, but I don't think you've found a forward yet that has gotten anywhere close the dollars you are asking for.

I'm not opposed to the Jackets giving him 5, although I think 4.25 is about the right spot. It doesn't matter what you, I, or even Johansen and his agent think. JK/JD are basically saying they aren't going to the ones that inflate bridge deals for forwards.

You threw the market at us in another thread, but you seem to only pay attention to it when it helps your cause.

IHeartZherdev*

I understand the CBA. I understand what a qualifying offer is. Sweet crazy hypothetical situation, bro. If the team was worried about him being a complete bust they wouldn't have offered him 6 and 8 year deals now, would they? And you are also forgetting the fact that the front office could always trade him or his rights down the line if it came to that.

IHeartZherdev*

Don't you get it? Joey is NOT a BlueJacket anymore. His locker is empty. He is barred from the the dressing room. By contrast, JD and JK ARE the BlueJackets. Any time you want to become a BlueJackets fan again is probably fine with the rest of the board. But right now you are a personal troll for a guy who refused to join his team because of his own ego and personal greed.

OK, well, according to the team's own beat reporters he's not a big ego guy consumed by personal greed. But keep pushing that narrative that has not one piece of evidence behind it. Keep up the character bashing nonsense without anything to support it. Or respond with something else about that one time he got benched in the AHL playoffs for the 100th time since you having else to go on.

IHeartZherdev*

You have not made a single gawd darn point. Bluster, that is all you have.He is our "best offensive player". But when it comes to addressing hard numbers under the cap system and his RFA status, you run and hide. You have had the absurd notion that we should pay this guy over $ 6million in a bridge deal. NO OTHER RATIONAL PERSON ON EARTH THINKS THAT. Don't you get it? He is an RFA. RFA's get underpaid under the CBA. That is the way it works. Care to address reality rather than your condescending commentaries from the Planet Twilo which ignore how life on Earth works?

Find one post where I said we should be this guy over $6 million on a bridge deal. I addressed the hard numbers, the cap system, and his RFA status all throughout the last thread.

Answered multiple times what I thought the bridge numbers should be (note: it was less than $6 million per). But nice try.

You and your cronies keep bashing the kid personally, making fun of my username, and other nonsense that's away from the point.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
OK, well, according to the team's own beat reporters he's not a big ego guy consumed by personal greed. But keep pushing that narrative that has not one piece of evidence behind it. Keep up the character bashing nonsense without anything to support it. Or respond with something else about that one time he got benched in the AHL playoffs for the 100th time since you having else to go on.

The same team beat reporters who you deride when what they report doesn't jive with your POV?

Look, I don't care what your POV is, but you can't pick and choose your data based on whether it proves your point or not.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
The evidence "behind it" is that HE SAID he was insulted by a contract for $3 million per year. The Dispatch guys DID NOT SAY HE WAS NOT GREEDY. But any 22 year old who thinks that $3 million per year is an insult IS GREEDY. Tel me Z, do you think you will ever earn $3 million total IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE? This 22 year old punk was offended, offended mind you, by an offer to pay him in one year more than most people will earn in their entire lives. THAT is greedy per se.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
So tell me oh wise one, what was the number you wanted for a bridge deal? C'mon, fess up.

IHeartZherdev*

The same team beat reporters who you deride when what they report doesn't jive with your POV?

Look, I don't care what your POV is, but you can't pick and choose your data based on whether it proves your point or not.

Sorry DSL - I was citing the team's beat reporters to back up my stance that Joey is a good kid.

I try to back my arguments up with fact when possible. My personal distaste for Porty doesn't mean I can't cite his reporting or his podcast. He interacts with Joey and is around the team and he's qualified to say whether or not this is a greedy kid full of ego, and he clearly says on the podcast he's a good kid.

I'm validating my point by supporting it with a team source, something EDM is unable to do. I cited a Larry Brooks report last night that was also supported by TSN. I've cited statistics and comps throughout these threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad