AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Something, something, something "Healey's, not feelies"

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Smooth skating low maintenance type of player - projected to be a #4/5 guy. Not an exciting pick but at #121, sure. Doesn't hurt to just either BPA

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Really good pick by you guys. I had him ranked #40. I think if he produced, he would've been a first rounder. The points aren't there, but the rest of the game is exciting.

He's a two-way defenseman, but more of a rover. Great skater, transports the puck extremely well. Very active player that is goal line to goal line. He's also a good passer, and has some skill. Needs to work on his shot. I think there could be a better reason why his point totals are so low. I wasn't watching all his games, but the ones I did see I didn't understand it. It looked like bad puck-luck to me. He made a lot of nice offensive plays and was a driver of play, but the puck wasn't going in the net. Looked like a player who probably does end up eventually scoring more because the offensive upside is there.

He has good size and he's physical. He's good defensively when he's in position and he's not chasing the play, but he's very aggressive, so you have to live with some defensive errors. I've read some questions about his offensive instincts. It's possible, but I see him more as a very good upside pick that has a great chance of turning into a good NHL'er. I know the current production isn't that good, but what I saw was a player who had first round talent, but not first round production. He's a fourth round pick, so he may never play a game in the NHL, but if he's a top pairing defenseman that plays in all situations it's easy to see how it turned out that way.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Now up to 20 points in 22gp with Harvard. Quite the improvement from last year when he had 8 pts in 32 gp.
I only saw one game last weekend but he was very impressive considering their team was clearly outclassed. His D zone stuff looked OK but his puck movement/skating with the puck/decisions on the PP were all very good.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I only saw one game last weekend but he was very impressive considering their team was clearly outclassed. His D zone stuff looked OK but his puck movement/skating with the puck/decisions on the PP were all very good.
Apparently he is a vg skater.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad