Ryan Ellis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teekko

Mar 5, 2011
Vancouver
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 4m
Ryan Ellis's new contract with NSH is for five years with an AAV of $2.5M.

Nashville Predators ‏@PredsNHL 6m
#Preds agree to terms with defenseman Ryan Ellis. Full details coming your way tomorrow. http://preds.co/1qzRXU5

Love the deal!

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Holy cow what a steal. Normally people say that for the sake of saying it, but that's tremendous value.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Holy cow what a steal. Normally people say that for the sake of saying it, but that's tremendous value.

not to be debbie downer but only if he progresses will it be a steal. He's definitely worth the 1.5M he'll make this year and its probably a good gamble by Poile, but he's really not likely to supplant any of the top 4 any time soon(unless Ekholm regresses) so we will be paying one of our bottom pair defenseman 3 to 3.5M by the end of this deal… maybe that will be the going rate for a third pair d-man by that time, I dunno

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
not to be debbie downer but only if he progresses will it be a steal. He's definitely worth the 1.5M he'll make this year and its probably a good gamble by Poile, but he's really not likely to supplant any of the top 4 any time soon(unless Ekholm regresses) so we will be paying one of our bottom pair defenseman 3 to 3.5M by the end of this deal… maybe that will be the going rate for a third pair d-man by that time, I dunno

Yeah I've seen several people on other places talking about it being a steal, yeah no. The 1.5 for this season I'll buy, but unless he continues to get better, he isn't anywhere close to being worth, 2.5-3.5 million. Essentially if he doesn't improve, Poile got whipped on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad