Ryan Ellis To Forward

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
This has been suggested a few times on the boards....

1. Does he have the skill/talent to play in top 6?
2. What position would he play?

Given the success SJ has had with Brent Burns...it is worth a shot.

Or you could call up Scott Valentine (6-0, 220). He is a D-man who has played the wing in Milwaukee for several games this season and last. How about calling up another forward from Milwaukee if Nashville needs another winger?

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville

I have no idea how well this would go, but it could be worth a shot. The whole Burns/Buff thing is a bad comparison though, since they are 6'4 or so and power forwards. Ellis would have to play a finese game.

roseyc

Mar 23, 2010
They are a lot of forwards that are small like marty st. louis for ex whose speed and scoring ability has made him an allstar. I don't if the Preds would know how to teach him to be a forward he would be grinder then

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Brent Burns is an exceptional case, seeing as though he was converted to defense by Jacques Lemaire once he joined the Wild for the first time, and the change in SJ represents a conversion back.

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Hey why not? He has shone he can score 1 on 1 against the goalie in the shootouts by going 3 for 3! I say give him a shot and see what happens.

Predarat

Aug 16, 2005
Put him on the 4th line, maybe the 3rd and if he manages to score, send him down to Milwaukee.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I think we would be too late in his development cycle to impliment that kind of change.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I think we would be too late in his development cycle to impliment that kind of change.

Agreed. Also think a big part of his game is the space he can get coming out of the defensive zone, and his ability to catch opponents off guard doing so. Moving him to forward completely mitigates that advantage.

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
He's a defenseman... Phil Housley was a defenseman... I think Ryan Ellis has elite skill and will be a defenseman in the NHL for many years to come. You may boo him out of town if you'd like, but there will be a number of teams ready to snatch him up and let him run a power play :) Promise.

Honestly, I'd rather see Shea Weber move from D to a wing (not that I want to see that move, but it's a move that makes far more sense than Ellis)... sometimes his compete level in the defensive zone seems awfully suspect to me, for a guy making that much money and wearing the "C."

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
I expect to see Weber - Jones - Ellis down the right side on the Nashville blue line for years to come. And frankly within a couple of years I expect it to be seen as an embarrassment of riches. This has the potential to be one hell of a blue line squad with a little more seasoning.

Add a little more talent up front to develop with Forsberg and I think the team is only a couple of years away from being a dark horse contender. Especially if Wilson settles in to be a legitimate top line center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad