Injury Report: Ryan Ellis: Sept 22, 2022 update: potential career-ending injury, out indefinitely; torn muscle from spine to hip

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Had no problem with the Ellis trade, but honestly I’m more worried about Patrick making us regret it than Myers.

Patrick at least showed flashes of upside, Myers was underwhelming the whole time. If you can’t effectively move the puck to a certain standard, I don’t want you as a everyday D, no matter what else you do.

Reactions: Adtar02

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Myers was a healthy scratch for Borochowski (sp - the really bad dman that played for OTT).
I read a link to a NSH article where they are hopeful he can be coached up to be a #5 dman. Yikes!
I watched a couple of Vegas games and thought Patrick was invisible but I guess he is just injured again. Poor kid.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I hate to say it, but at this point Patrick's upside is a competent 3C.
He wasn't that good his first two years, but at 19-20 there was hope for significant improvement.
His migraine/concussion issues seemed to have sapped something from him, instead of trending upward, he seems to be treading water at best.

SR1919

Mar 30, 2013
Myers needs to be taught how to properly move a puck, something the Flyers made no attempt to teach him between Gordon and AV

Ya they should’ve taught him how to shoot like Ovechkin and skate like Mcdavid too…idiot coaches. Hell looking back maybe I could’ve gone pro if I got better coaching.

Reactions: Fotiu29 and Ernie96

SR1919

Mar 30, 2013
Do you believe it is possible for people to learn things?

People can learn lots of things, being a good puck moving defence man is not really something you can read in a book or be taught. He’s been playing hockey his whole life it’s instinct you have it or you don’t. Coaches can’t pass the puck for you. Hate to be the “you’ve probably never played hockey before” guy but…

Reactions: Fotiu29 and Ernie96

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
People can learn lots of things, being a good puck moving defence man is not really something you can read in a book or be taught. He’s been playing hockey his whole life it’s instinct you have it or you don’t. Coaches can’t pass the puck for you. Hate to be the “you’ve probably never played hockey before” guy but…

You're arguing a strawman now. I never said they needed to magically turn him into a good puck moving dman. What they did need to do was teach him at least basic passing ability, instead of just flinging the puck up ice and into the zone. There's a big difference between turning the guy into Karlsson and turning him into something passable at a basic NHL level. Sizable middle ground there they could have aimed for and didn't.

Making him play under coaches who do more than just slop pucks around aimlessly would have given him a chance to develop that ability. Our development process did not grant that chance, as his mindless dumping was smiled upon and encouraged the whole way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Nashville’s problem now. They have had lots of good dmen so let their coaches teach him.

SR1919

Mar 30, 2013
You're arguing a strawman now. I never said they needed to magically turn him into a good puck moving dman. What they did need to do was teach him at least basic passing ability, instead of just flinging the puck up ice and into the zone. There's a big difference between turning the guy into Karlsson and turning him into something passable at a basic NHL level. Sizable middle ground there they could have aimed for and didn't.

Making him play under coaches who do more than just slop pucks around aimlessly would have given him a chance to develop that ability. Our development process did not grant that chance, as his mindless dumping was smiled upon and encouraged the whole way.

Arguing that it’s the coaches job to teach “basic passing ability” is worse in my opinion. He’s supposed to be an NHL player basic passing ability is a prerequisite.

Sometimes the answer is simpler then you think. He just might not be that good ‍♂️.

Reactions: Fotiu29

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Ya they should’ve taught him how to shoot like Ovechkin and skate like Mcdavid too…idiot coaches. Hell looking back maybe I could’ve gone pro if I got better coaching.
upload_2021-10-30_21-12-50.jpeg

"You, Strawberry, hit a home run!"
"OK, skip!" (*Hits it out of the park*)
"I TOLD him to do that!"

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Arguing that it’s the coaches job to teach “basic passing ability” is worse in my opinion. He’s supposed to be an NHL player basic passing ability is a prerequisite.

Sometimes the answer is simpler then you think. He just might not be that good ‍♂️.

His passing ability was one of the main things that needed work. Players bring deficient traits up to the level needed for NHL play all the time. It's not unusual or odd. He got the opposite of that under Gordon.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Same status from today's skate. Rehab, not much else. The team is still utilizing day-to-day while lower body appears to be the general consensus. It doesn't seem he will play Tuesday based on today.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad