Speculation: Ryan Ellis Injury

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
Why have we not head anything more on his injury? I know at the end of the season Poile stated he would know more in a few days but there was no update at that time. Maybe I missed it somewhere but I don't think I did. The only reason not to come out and say something about it now is if it will affect next season. I'm hoping I'm wrong but this could be bad...

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I'm assuming it was some type of meniscus or less severe knee injury, but that's me talking out of my ass. I agree I had hoped to see something by now.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I read this the other day.

https://www.flamboroughreview.com/s...-on-stanley-cup-run-with-nashville-predators/

Not really familiar with the publication but it seems legit. Apparently it's a newspaper of sorts dedicated to an area of Ontario.

The blueliner recently had surgery to repair a meniscus injury and is recovering. “We’ll see what the doctor has to say,” he said of his recovery timeline. “It’s kind of in his hands...Laid up for the summer at least.”

While he hopes to be ready in time for training camp, Ellis said it’s up to his surgeon. “We’ll more or less just take it as it goes,” he said.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville

https://www.flamboroughreview.com/s...-on-stanley-cup-run-with-nashville-predators/

Not really familiar with the publication but it seems legit. Apparently it's a newspaper of sorts dedicated to an area of Ontario.

The blueliner recently had surgery to repair a meniscus injury and is recovering. “We’ll see what the doctor has to say,†he said of his recovery timeline. “It’s kind of in his hands...Laid up for the summer at least.â€

While he hopes to be ready in time for training camp, Ellis said it’s up to his surgeon. “We’ll more or less just take it as it goes,†he said.
Thank you guys for these updates. I was not able to find anything on it. Happy to see he has a chance to be ready for camp. Hopefully he fully recovers fast and doesn't have any lasting ailments from it.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007

The blueliner recently had surgery to repair a meniscus injury and is recovering. “We’ll see what the doctor has to say,†he said of his recovery timeline. “It’s kind of in his hands...Laid up for the summer at least.â€

While he hopes to be ready in time for training camp, Ellis said it’s up to his surgeon. “We’ll more or less just take it as it goes,†he said.

I would be nice to have a dr weigh in. I wouldn't think a meniscus tear would take that long.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I would be nice to have a dr weigh in. I wouldn't think a meniscus tear would take that long.

Depends on the repair and where the damage was. I'm not a doctor, but I think it's generally a repair vs. trim of the damaged area. Repair has better outcome but longer recovery, but that's the usually preferred choice for a younger athlete. I think 4 months is the normal timeline.

.... again talking out of my ass as a nurse.

handtrick

Sep 18, 2004
Chattanooga, TN
Depends on the repair and where the damage was. I'm not a doctor, but I think it's generally a repair vs. trim of the damaged area. Repair has better outcome but longer recovery, but that's the usually preferred choice for a younger athlete. I think 4 months is the normal timeline.

.... again talking out of my ass as a nurse.

This is true.
meniscal repairs take longer because the knee is usually immobilized for a few weeks in order to protect the repair and not retear it before it is healed....invariably slowing down the rehab. also the rehab is much less aggressive than a "trim."
According to the Ontario report it was a repair.
Getting Emelin allows them to rehab it correctly and not push it to get him ready for training camp if it is not ready depending on the mechanics of the repair and location of the tear.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
I've seen two athletes ( not hockey) mentioned this week with the repair work on the knee to be a 4-5 month recovery. That time frame fits what's mentioned above, so that would put TC in jeopardy I suppose.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I know nothing about medical stuff, so can anyone who does gather any info based on the type of brace he's wearing here or is it pretty standard?

Again, completely ignorant to medical knowledge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad