Speculation: Ryan Clowe was THIS close to being a Hab

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
Same ammount of years, I'd take Clowe over Briere for sure. Clowe isn't the same as he once was, but he'd have a purpose on the team.

Analyzer*

Clowe at 2 years is alright. Though, depending on the money, too.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Clowe at 2-3 years is infinitely better than Briere at that term.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
He relieves your hemorrhoids?

Preparation_H_Suppositories_main.png

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Ryan Clowe - 2013-07-05 • Signed to a five-year contract by the New Jersey Devils

Daniel Briere - - 2013-07-04 • Signed to a two-year contract by the Montréal Canadiens

Briere was the backup plan. If I remember correctly, teams could talk with players for a few days before the signings begun. Briere was a UFA before Clowe because he was bought out but they talked to Clowe before signing Briere.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
i can see why Bergy has a 5 year plan. once all these teams who have given long term contracts to players who will never play up to them, there's going to be a crunch and salary cap issues.

Glad he didn't go longer than 3 for Clowe. would have been nice but Kovalchuk going to Russia all but sealed the deal for Jersey.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Contracts aside, do you prefer to have Clowe or Brière ?

Contract aside, do you prefer briere or Clarkson?

Can't look at it in a vaccum. I'd much rather have briere for 2 years then Clowe for 5 at more money.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Clowe would have had a more clearly defined role on this team than Briere, but he's no longer a top 6 forward. And more than 2 years, no thanks.

Strange how you can go from Clowe to Briere though.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
lots of hate for briere. not sure why, he hasn't been that bad---outside the fact he's a redundant player.

him pleks and gionta have chemistry, and could prove large down the road. the problem is therrien keeps juggling him around and it really doesn't make sense..

not sure what happens when everyone is healthy, but someone needs to be moved.

Pacioretty Pleks Briere

Galchenyuk Eller Gallagher

bourque dd Prust

bournival white weise

that's without moen and gionta..

you think someone would have to move. i like the young energy line, and really really like their potential to contribute and create havoc on the ice.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
For me, it shows MB was on the ball trying to get a kind of player that we need, but also sharp enough to back off when the term exceeded the 3 years he was prepared to do, and he had good reason to not go higher.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad