Rumor: Ryan Callahan nominated for Lady Byng

Punxrocknyc19*

LADY BYNG TROPHY
“To the player adjudged to have exhibited the best type of sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct combined with a high standard of playing ability”

1. Matt Moulson – NY Islanders
2. Ray Whitney – Dallas Stars
3. Patrick Kane – Chicago Blackhawks
4. Ryan Callahan – New York Rangers
5. Pavel Datsyuk – Detroit Red Wings

CALDER TROPHY
“To the player selected as the most proficient in his first year of competition”

1. Brandon Saad – Chicago Blackhawks
2. Brendan Gallagher – Montreal Canadiens
3. Jake Muzzin – LA Kings
4. Nail Yakupov – Edmonton Oilers
5. Jonas Brodin – Minnesota Wild

HART TROPHY
“To the player adjudged to be the most valuable to his team”

1. Sergei Bobrovsky – Columbus Blue Jackets
2. John Tavares – New York Islanders
3. Alex Ovechkin – Washington Capitals
4. Jonathan Toews – Chicago Blackhawks
5. Sidney Crosby – Pittsburgh Penguins

SELKE TROPHY
“To the forward who best excels in the defensive aspects of the game”

1. Jonathan Toews – Chicago Blackhawks
2. Anze Kopitar – LA Kings
3. Pavel Datsyuk – Detroit Red Wings
4. Patrice Bergeron – Boston Bruins
5. David Backes – St. Louis Blues

NORRIS TROPHY
“To the defense player who demonstrates throughout the season the greatest all-round ability in the position”

1. PK Suban – Montreal Canadiens
2. Ryan Suter – Minnesota Wild
3. Drew Doughty – LA Kings
4. Kris Letang – Pittsburgh Penguins
5. Francois Beauchemin – Anaheim Ducks

https://twitter.com/NHLNewsUpdates1

https://www.facebook.com/NHLNewsUpdates

Nekz

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 8, 2007
New York
It would be disgusting if Crosby won the Hart over those guys. I don't see Callahan winning the Lady Byng.

Green Blob*

When are the Vezina nominations announced, even though we know Hank will be nominated again.

clmetsfan

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2007
"Gentlemanly play" has never been something that comes to mind when thinking of Callahan, so it makes sense that these are not the actual finalists.

Green Blob*

And BTW, did anyone else read the thread and say to themselves "WOW Great job Cally! Way to go to be nominated for the Lady Byng!"

Get rid of that award.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
And BTW, did anyone else read the thread and say to themselves "WOW Great job Cally! Way to go to be nominated for the Lady Byng!"

Get rid of that award.

It's part of the game's history, so I don't have a problem with it. It should just be something with clearer qualifications to win.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
Ovie should be MVP, completely fine if Tavares is MVP too. If the sticks upset the pens, I think youll see JT as the Hart winner.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
This looks like wild speculation based on a sample of votes.

I'm supposed to believe Bobrovsky finished first in Hart voting over Crosby/Ovechkin when he didn't even make the playoffs, and the goaltenders rarely, if ever, win the award?

And as cool as I think it would be for Tavares to win the Hart, I don't see that happening either.

And there is this rookie w/ the Panthers, he's kind of good, scored a beautiful goal against us a few weeks ago, and he isn't even on that list (which I'd have a hard time believing since he lead all rookies in goals).

It looks like B.S.

Green Blob*

All the voting has been done before the playoffs started. Bill Daly and Bettman know who won all the awards except the Conn Smyth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad