RW William Lockwood - Michigan, NCAA (2016, 64th, VAN)

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Doing really well so far. 2G 3A in 4GP in his freshman season in the NCAA. Keeping up with Jost and Keller, the highly touted 1st round picks.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Could be a mid round steal for Benning. Looking good and apparently his skills translate to nhl well. We will see :)

groov2

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
I mentioned in another thread that this is particularly impressive given how far down the depth chart he was on the US Under 18 team last season.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Real good...id be shocked if he doesn't
He's far from a lock, I'd actually consider him an outsider at the moment. USA is pretty deep on the wings and he wasn't even invited to the summer camp (unless he had an injury I'm unaware of). He'll be competing with Boeser, Bracco, Max Jones, Debrincat, Christian Fischer, Tage Thompson, Joey Anderson, Jack Roslovic and Luke Kunin, plus potentially Matthew Tkachuk. Guys like Keller could also be in-play for a wingers spot. He also really needs to take a scoring role to get on.

Roy Baby*

Sep 28, 2015
Phoenix,AZ
He's far from a lock, I'd actually consider him an outsider at the moment. USA is pretty deep on the wings and he wasn't even invited to the summer camp (unless he had an injury I'm unaware of). He'll be competing with Boeser, Bracco, Max Jones, Debrincat, Christian Fischer, Tage Thompson, Joey Anderson, Jack Roslovic and Luke Kunin, plus potentially Matthew Tkachuk. He also really needs to take a scoring role to get on.

What would your narrative be like if he played for the Leafs ?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
What would your narrative be like if he played for the Leafs ?
The same. He's far from a lock. What would your narative be if he wasn't on the Canucks or Coyotes.

Edit: And I also forgot Yamamoto. Here the predicted forwards by American Dream, who closely follows the USA players. So you can take out my perceived bias, that you think I have against Will Lockwood.

Matthew Tkachuk - Colin White - Brock Boeser
Kieffer Bellows - Clayton Keller Jack Roslovic
Tage Thompson - Logan Brown - Alex DeBrincat
Christian Fischer - Luke Kunin - Kailer Yamamoto
Max Jones

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=123475689&postcount=211

I have no interest in this outside of giving that poster accurate info, unlike you who wants to pump his tires.

Last edited:

Roy Baby*

Sep 28, 2015
Phoenix,AZ
The same. He's far from a lock. What would your narative be if he wasn't on the Canucks or Coyotes.

My original comment stands...guy has 6 pts in 5 games (just putting this because I know this is how you guys judge players' value) and only continues to get better. Physically he gets the best of hits (receiving end) too even though he's not big. He'll make it.

I like the Leafs now so either way I'd say the same.

Just saw your edit: He's better than small boy DeBrincat and also stone hands Fischer. His chances are good.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
THIS :handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:.

This guy is in the Lockwood, Virtanen and Boeser thread insulting all three.
I haven't insulted either, I said I prefer Keller over Boeser, and pointed to scouting reports regarding his skating. I don't even think I've said anything bad about Virtanen, other than questioning what the Canucks are doing with him.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
THIS :handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:.

This guy is in the Lockwood, Virtanen and Boeser thread insulting all three.

He is way more unbiased than you, or pretty much any other poster on this board. Just because he tells it like it is and it hurts your feelings doesn't mean he's wrong.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
My original comment stands...guy has 6 pts in 5 games (just putting this because I know this is how you guys judge players' value) and only continues to get better. Physically he gets the best of hits (receiving end) too even though he's not big. He'll make it.

I like the Leafs now so either way I'd say the same.

Just saw your edit: He's better than small boy DeBrincat and also stone hands Fischer. His chances are good.
Debrincat was on the team last year and has had a strong start to the season. Fischer can make it in a checking role, which Lockwood won't. But ya, whatever, believe he's a lock.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
He might make the WJC, all depends. Most of this stuff is politics (Connor snubbing), he's a 2-way player that is pretty gritty, USA hockey seem to like that sort of player.

There are a lot of good quality wingers on team USA though, as 93LEAFS pointed out. He's right that Lockwood probably is on the outside looking in, but you really never know.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
I haven't insulted either, I said I prefer Keller over Boeser, and pointed to scouting reports regarding his skating. I don't even think I've said anything bad about Virtanen, other than questioning what the Canucks are doing with him.

I might not agree with all of your opinions, but I respect you, which is weird since I dislike the majority of Leafs fans.

93Leafs posts about Canucks prospects aren't bad. He could be like the other brainless people "herp derp bust", but he's actually realistic.

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
He's far from a lock, I'd actually consider him an outsider at the moment. USA is pretty deep on the wings and he wasn't even invited to the summer camp (unless he had an injury I'm unaware of). He'll be competing with Boeser, Bracco, Max Jones, Debrincat, Christian Fischer, Tage Thompson, Joey Anderson, Jack Roslovic and Luke Kunin, plus potentially Matthew Tkachuk. Guys like Keller could also be in-play for a wingers spot. He also really needs to take a scoring role to get on.

The thing is though I can't really se any of the bottom wingers being better defensvely, better on the forcheck and more agressive than Lockwood. He's a Hansen clone in that regard. Isn't it being played in North America as well this year? So I could see him bing the perfect fourth liner if they wanted to go that route. "He really needs to tak a scoring role to get on"...yeah no that's not his game

Last edited:

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Loved watching him last year. Not sure he has the offensively-creative-brain to be a huge contributor at the NHL level, but his north-south speed is beyond impressive. The kid has vision too and his tenacity is electric.

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
Knew absolutely nothing about him when he was drafted but from what I have seen so far from him at Michigan, he's a really fun player to watch.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
youngest player on his team.

Leading his team in points.

Anyone seen this kid play?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad