RW Vitaly Kravtsov - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2018, 9th, NYR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him start against the Wings on March 19th at home after the Rangers west coast trip. Allows him to play the final 10 games

Reactions: PittsburghHustlers

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Man we're really fast tracking him. How often does a Russian prospect make is NHL debut during his D+1 year? Especially if hes not a CHL guy

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Man we're really fast tracking him. How often does a Russian prospect make is NHL debut during his D+1 year? Especially if hes not a CHL guy
Kid has said from the start he wants to make the NHL asap, this is his doing. But he’s absolutely ready for AHL hockey and hopefully he impresses the staff at training camp (which i’m very sure he will and be on the opening night roster)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Kalnins is not the most credible source and what “sign” means isn’t evident. I don’t think they’d be dumb enough to make him expansion draft eligible.

Reactions: NYRfan

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Kalnins is not the most credible source and what “sign” means isn’t evident. I don’t think they’d be dumb enough to make him expansion draft eligible.
I really don’t think NYR care since the ED shouldnt be a problem for us. While I don’t agree with getting him into the NHL this year, I think NYR do it anyways

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I really don’t think NYR care since the ED shouldnt be a problem for us. While I don’t agree with getting him into the NHL this year, I think NYR do it anyways

How would we know if it’ll be a problem? It’s years away. It was a problem for many teams when Vegas came into the league. Why wouldn’t it be again? Which teams it’ll be a problem for is hard to predict, which is why it’s not something to fool around with.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

He's a late birthday, so this year is better described as his 19YR old season (D+2 year for most 99' borns).

Giving him a taste of NHL action at age 19 after playing against men for the past 2 seasons isn't rushing him.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He’s completely being rushed. He’s not ready to play in the NHL. Same thing they are doing with Andersson and Hajek. They are trying to sell tickets, so that takes precedent over proper development.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
He’s completely being rushed. He’s not ready to play in the NHL. Same thing they are doing with Andersson and Hajek. They are trying to sell tickets, so that takes precedent over proper development.

I mean, this is just your opinion. We wont really know until he comes and plays over here. Was Chytil rushed? Krav will get his 10 games just like Chytil did in his D+1. If anything Krav is better than Chytil at the same age. He has come out and said he wants to be over here (i think?). I dont think either development path is going to ruin him.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I mean, this is just your opinion. We wont really know until he comes and plays over here. Was Chytil rushed? Krav will get his 10 games just like Chytil did in his D+1. If anything Krav is better than Chytil at the same age. He has come out and said he wants to be over here (i think?). I dont think either development path is going to ruin him.

Kravtsov's situation is 10 games max to prevent him from losing expansion draft exemption

Chytil's situation was 9 games to still have an entry level slide

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
I do not see how playing 10-15 games is rushing. Not enough to form any bad habits or ruin confidence even if the coach mishandles him. It doesn't seem like the Rangers have an incompetent coach, so that's not even likely.

At the same time, I think he could be signing a contract today with the contract starting in 19/20.

Reactions: Lays

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I do not see how playing 10-15 games is rushing. Not enough to form any bad habits or ruin confidence even if the coach mishandles him. It doesn't seem like the Rangers have an incompetent coach, so that's not even likely.

At the same time, I think he could be signing a contract today with the contract starting in 19/20.
Yeah we definitely wouldn’t be rushing him giving him a few games. Give him some experience, he’s not fully NHL ready but he should be next year. He’s too good for the AHL

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

I guess you are theoretically right that we won’t know until he plays in the NHL, but the main indicator, which is how he’s played in the next league down from the NHL, does not indicate a player who is ready to play regular top 9 NHL shifts.

What’s the point of burning an expansion draft spot to test something you know the answer to? I think it would be dumb asset management. He shouldn’t be signing anything other than a 1 year extension with Traktor. Give him another year in the KHL, and then sign he can take a spot on the roster the following year. There should be no rush.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I guess you are theoretically right that we won’t know until he plays in the NHL, but the main indicator, which is how he’s played in the next league down from the NHL, does not indicate a player who is ready to play regular top 9 NHL shifts.

What’s the point of burning an expansion draft spot to test something you know the answer to? I think it would be dumb asset management. He shouldn’t be signing anything other than a 1 year extension with Traktor. Give him another year in the KHL, and then sign he can take a spot on the roster the following year. There should be no rush.

That only happens if he plays 11 games in the NHL this season

Reactions: Lays

Leopain

Jun 15, 2017

Not ready/good enough because of his lack of production? Have you seen who he plays with?

You know prospects turn out good sometimes, right?

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
That only happens if he plays 11 games in the NHL this season
Or AHL. If he plays 11 games combined in the AHL/NHL this season, it counts as a professional season for the expansion draft and then he would have to be protected. 10 games or less and he will keep his exemption.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Or AHL. If he plays 11 games combined in the AHL/NHL this season, it counts as a professional season for the expansion draft and then he would have to be protected. 10 games or less and he will keep his exemption.

No. For players who are 18 or 19 years old as of December 31, 2018, it's only NHL games that contribute to the total of over 10 professional games.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Kucherov, Tarasenko and Kuznetsov are the best Russian forwards that have come up recently and all of them played at least two years elsewhere before they came to the NHL. Whereas the guys who were rushed into the NHL pretty much all busted.

Who knows what happens with Kravtsov but taking things slowly with Russian forwards has been the way to go recently.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Kucherov, Tarasenko and Kuznetsov are the best Russian forwards that have come up recently and all of them played at least two years elsewhere before they came to the NHL. Whereas the guys who were rushed into the NHL pretty much all busted.

Who knows what happens with Kravtsov but taking things slowly with Russian forwards has been the way to go recently.

Kucherov played 1 year in Russia (18 khl gms/23 mhl) after his draft. Then 1 year in the qmjhl. Then nhl.

however he's 7 months younger than kravtsov was in his draft year.

Kravtsov played a full khl season. Then hopefully splits the nhl/ahl next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad