RW Sven Andrighetto (2013, 86th overall, Montreal)

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
He's a '93 birth date, who was drafted in the first round (eleventh) overall in the Q by the Huskies. Also played in the Swiss-B league for the GCK Lions and had 11 goals 12 assists along with 20 PIM in 36 games played. First year in the QMJHL scored 74 points in 62 games as a rookie, has 23 points in 12 games so far this season playing on the first line along with Jean-Sébastien Dea.

What do you think about him? Will he get drafted this year, if so what round? Also if you have any info or anything to say put it in this thread.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
He's a '93 birth date, who was drafted in the first round (eleventh) overall in the Q by the Huskies. Also played in the Swiss-B league for the GCK Lions and had 11 goals 12 assists along with 20 PIM in 36 games played. First year in the QMJHL scored 74 points in 62 games as a rookie, has 23 points in 12 games so far this season playing on the first line along with Jean-Sébastien Dea.

What do you think about him? Will he get drafted this year, if so what round? Also if you have any info or anything to say put it in this thread.

Speed,speed,speed. Great skater , one of the fastest in the league. He sees the ice well and is a fantastic playmaker. His passes are the part of the reason JS Dea is leading the league in points and getting tons of attention. His flaws are strength/size. He gets pushed around a bit and needs to bulk up before he makes the jump. I think he can be a later round pick (6th or 7th).

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Which NHL player do you guys compare him to?

Also, he now has 26 points in 13 games.

muzion

Oct 5, 2007
St-Hubert, Québec
Watched him play for the first time yesterday and came away very impressed! He's quite the dynamic player, has incredible vision, dangles like no other and scored one-on-one off a hard wrister. Very fun to watch and he backchecks hard too.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Watched him play for the first time yesterday and came away very impressed! He's quite the dynamic player, has incredible vision, dangles like no other and scored one-on-one off a hard wrister. Very fun to watch and he backchecks hard too.

Gotta say I agree with this. I am baffled at how he wasn't drafted yet. That guy has top-notch offensive skills and has a rocket under his skates. The things he does at high speed with the puck is impressing.

He's a prospect to watch out for.

He's kind of ''beautiful'' to watch kinda like Nathan Beaulieu his skating and hands are so smooth that maybe that leads us ''regular'' fans to overrate him whereas NHL scouts will see something else...

muzion

Oct 5, 2007
St-Hubert, Québec
Gotta say I agree with this. I am baffled at how he wasn't drafted yet. That guy has top-notch offensive skills and has a rocket under his skates. The things he does at high speed with the puck is impressing.

He's a prospect to watch out for.

He's kind of ''beautiful'' to watch kinda like Nathan Beaulieu his skating and hands are so smooth that maybe that leads us ''regular'' fans to overrate him whereas NHL scouts will see something else...

Aside from 3 horrible passes he made from trying to do too much I was shocked at how good he is. Usually undrafted players dominate because they're physically stronger, but with him it's all speed and skill. He was flying all over the ice, I was getting dizzy watching him, as you said he has a rocket under his skates. :laugh:

Whoever drafts him is getting a gem.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Where is he currently ranked ?

You mean for the NHL draft? He isn't ranked really because he's a 19 years old and has been passed over in two NHL drafts... it's tough for overragers to get drafted. But Andrew O'Brien, Tomas Hyka and Alexandre Mallet were all drafted last year

I'm sure he will get a couple of contract offers next summer if he doesnt get drafted

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
50 points in 28 games now for the Huskies. And he has made the Swiss WJC U20 again this year.

Surprises me he hasnt been drafted

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
50 points in 28 games now for the Huskies. And he has made the Swiss WJC U20 again this year.

Surprises me he hasnt been drafted

I have not seen him play....so I don't know but here would be my guesses..

1. Great stats, but he is 19. Many players put up excellent stats at 19.
2. He is small. Smaller skilled players with high offensive output are a dime a dozen.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
I have not seen him play....so I don't know but here would be my guesses..

1. Great stats, but he is 19. Many players put up excellent stats at 19.
2. He is small. Smaller skilled players with high offensive output are a dime a dozen.

He isn't that small but obviously he is not known to really grind it out in the corners or crash the net hard... he is a perimeter player but a damn good one... extreme top-end speed, great acceleration and sick stickhandling skills.

He is 19 yes but last year he was 18 and a rookie in the Q and still put up more than a point per game

He's on pace for more than 100 points right now

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
Kid looked great today against the Russians. Quite surprised nobody gambled on him yet

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
Today was the first time I have watched him closely and I liked what I saw. Skill is evident, and he is very fast. I thought he could have driven to the net a bit more but he was up against a tough russian team. I think someone takes him in the 4th-5th rounds this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad