RW Serron Noel - Oshawa Generals, OHL (2018, 34th, FLA)

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Yeah I really like his game and skillset. He's so raw that the sky is the limit for this monster and someone the Avs could really use in the future

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
He's starting to dominate nearly every night in Oshawa. The Gens put him on a line with Jack Studnicka (Bruins 2nd rounder) about a month ago and he hasn't looked back. His combo of speed and size is very rare. Once he puts on some more weight and muscle, look out. Don't see how many D-men are going to be able to stop him

JK2K

Mar 13, 2017
Anyone who liked Noel in the prospect game only saw one move and it didn’t pan out.
Falling all over the place, never in position anywhere on the Ice. Was on right wing skating all over the left side, leaving point open, bad decisions. He wasn’t the worst in the game (Smith, Thomas, MCLEOD and Addison) but was not impressive at all.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
RichardNurse_1024x1024.jpg
DeanNoelF_1024x1024.jpg

It'd be a cool story if the Oilers manage to snag him with their 2nd rounder.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
He'll be a 1st rounder, no question about it. I can easily a see a team falling in love with him and picking him in the top 15 as well, that said 20-30 is a safe range for him.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Watched him tonight. Was an absolute animal.

He reminds me of Wayne Simmonds if he were an elite skater.

He doesn’t process the game at a high level, but the tools are insane and he’s still so raw.

I wouldn’t take him top 15, but I think a team falls in love and reaches for him, even as high as top 10

Reactions: Jtown and 99664987

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
He could legit be our Wayne Simmonds replacement.

I mean I guess. But he plays nothing like Simmonds .

Noel is lazy, puck hog who tries to dangle everyone and isn't physical . He has good puck skills but that's it.

JK2K

Mar 13, 2017
Very green
Unlike Simmonds. Plays soft.
There is potential there.
Skates well, but not strong on skates. Weird combo. Early second rounder.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Very green
Unlike Simmonds. Plays soft.
There is potential there.
Skates well, but not strong on skates. Weird combo. Early second rounder.

I mean I guess. But he plays nothing like Simmonds .

Noel is lazy, puck hog who tries to dangle everyone and isn't physical . He has good puck skills but that's it.

I was thinking after the game if what I saw was an outlier. Could very well be the case.

But in the game last night he was punishing the IceDogs with hits all night, including one devastating hit on one IceDog D (name escapes me). He challenged Kirill Maksimov to a scrap early in the game after a slash from Kirill. Then later he and Justin MacPherson almost fought after Noel drove through Stephen Dillon almost scoring in the process. Noel was driving the net all game, roughing it up after the whistles. He was a non-stop intimidating force.

If a team can unlock the player who dominated like I saw last night they will be very happy.

Still think he’d be a reach anywhere in the top 20.

Reactions: 99664987

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I was thinking after the game if what I saw was an outlier. Could very well be the case.

But in the game last night he was punishing the IceDogs with hits all night, including one devastating hit on one IceDog D (name escapes me). He challenged Kirill Maksimov to a scrap early in the game after a slash from Kirill. Then later he and Justin MacPherson almost fought after Noel drove through Stephen Dillon almost scoring in the process. Noel was driving the net all game, roughing it up after the whistles. He was a non-stop intimidating force.

If a team can unlock the player who dominated like I saw last night they will be very happy.

Still think he’d be a reach anywhere in the top 20.

Well he obviously had a burr in his sadle the game you saw. I've never seen him play physical like that before.

Good to know. Thanks for sharing.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Love him. Big, raw, talented and a bit of mean. He's a project but worth a pick from 12-20 imo.

Reactions: 99664987

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad