RW Ryan Strome (2011, 5th overall, Islanders)

ohlguy

Oct 18, 2010
Oshawa
Strome is a very intelligent player that reads the ice well. He will continue getting many points this season being on the #1 PP unit, though I'm not sure he's is a 90 point player. He will need to get stronger and fill out which I'm sure he will do, the only concern at the next level would be his speed. I like the fact he has started the year strongly which I'm sure has caught the eyes of many scouts.

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
i think i saw him rank in the 10-15 range last week wich was a big surprise to me. he was always rank as a 2nd rounder but he's having a heck of season so far

here Strome Hat trick vs Erie in the pre-season (september 16th)

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
I've seen him twice so far this year.

MILES ahead of where he was in his rookie season. Looks like a completely different player.

Quite frankly, if he continues to play this well, I'd be surprised if he isn't a top 20 pick on draft day.

Good size, good skater, not afraid of high traffic areas, really creative with the puck, good vision. Just the complete package offensively.

KingJet*

Alex Strome

This guy has 6 goals and 15 assists in 11 games, he started out last year in Barrie with 27 points in 61 games, 14 points in 34 games. 8th overall pick of the OHL draft in 2008. Since this draft is very high quality and hes like 6'1 183 pds, I would put him in the top 15.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
His name is Ryan btw. Ryan Strome of the Niagara Icedogs. Pretty sure there was a thread made about him a few days ago.

KingJet*

Yeah... probably thinking some other Alex when I typed it in

TheNorth

Better Call Saul
Feb 16, 2010
What a deal by Niagara, he is pretty fast, embarrassed my home team Sudbury but thats nothing new

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
90 points is possible from Strome because he has so many guys to work with. That being said, I do not see him being drafted higher than his teammate Dougie Hamilton.

Jumbo*

Very nice, but the goalie and defenseman look like chumps :laugh:

Is he draft eligible this season? If so where is he expect to go in the draft?

Juice*

Wowza that's an incredible goal! Beauty combination of dangles and patience. It's like these two goals got together and had a baby:

(0:15)

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
Very nice, but the goalie and defenseman look like chumps :laugh:

Is he draft eligible this season? If so where is he expect to go in the draft?

yes he's 2011 eligible. right now he's climbing the draft ranking like Johansen did last year. was expected to be 2nd rounder at best and with the way he's playing this season dont be surprised come june he's not too far off the top10. (10-15 range imo)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad