RW Richard Nejezchleb - Brandon Wheat Kings, WHL (2012 undrafted)

Ace88*

Sturdy right winger on the Wheat Kings. They have a younger team and hes playing heavy minutes it looks like. He's off to a great start, can anyone offer a more detailed analysis? How is he playing? Does he have a shot at the first round this year?

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
He could have been drafted last year so it's highly unlikely he has a shot at the 1st round. He went to Pens prospect camp but I don't think he particularly stood out from what I read.

Ace88*

Really? I thought he was a 2013. Does he have an nhl future? Who does he compare to?

jfrazzldazzle71

Jun 2, 2012
Nejezchleb has been solid thus far. Showing flashes of offense and carrying his linemates (depends who he is playing with) on most nights. Looked especially dominant against Kamloops on tuesday. Tends to try to be too fancy at times but he isn't a selfish player and moves the puck well. He was injury prone in his first year over here, but so far so good in his second season. I like him better than Scherbak in Saskatoon, I'm thinking he gets picked up this year in the draft.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Would have been drafted last year if it wasn't for injury. Always been a fan. Strong skater, good size, good skills. I think I have him as about a 4th rounder right now.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
He has some of the best hands I've seen in a while. When ever he has the puck, something good could happen. But that also comes back to bite him sometimes as he gets a little to fancy and causes a bad turnover.

I think some team should pick him up. A good project pick with 4th line potential.

WingsMike

Registered Man
Jan 28, 2012
Just call him "do not eat bread" as that's what his name means in Czech (nejez chleb)

Edit: Didn't see it was already posted. And he plays for the Wheat Kings haha

But it is pronounced Ne-Yez-Hhleb. But the 'ch' tends to be hard to pronounce for some people. It's like a hard 'h' but closer to an 'h' than a 'k'. Most announcers get it completely wrong like with Michalek and Chara lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad